Chapter 29

DANIELLE'S POV

I sat on the couch next to Penny, as she talked with the guys. Probably letting them know all the awesomeness that was me. She learned Korean really fast, the dramas and music probably helped. 

She was so at ease, laughing and goofing around with them. How could she not be nervous to be around a dozen of the hottest guys I'd ever seen in real life? They should be on magazines or something. 

"Dani, you know who they are right?" Penny bumped my elbow, bringing me out of my thoughts. 

"Uh, no. All you told me was that you got a job teaching some guys how to speak Spanish, and that you were living with them for 'safety reasons'," I dragged out the last two words. 

Penny chuckled, "Silly me." 

"I'm beginning to think that you're not living here for safety. I've noticed that guy over there looking at you like you're tonight's dessert." 

"Danielle, can we speak about this later. When we're in private?" 

"Fine, but I want details," I warned. 

Fortunately our whispers weren't a distraction, they were a party without adding anyone else. All being extremely dorky. No wonder Penny felt right at home. 

"Are you hungry?" 

I looked at my stomach, nodding. "Yeah, airplane food's fucking disgusting! Can you make me some food?" 

"You want to try some Korean food?" She asked excitedly. I scrunched up my nose. "Okey, okey, you probably want some Mexican food, huh?" 

I nodded, "My mom doesn't cook it enough. You got the ingredients to make flautas or enchiladas?" 

Penny pondered for a minute, "Yeah, actually! I can totally make you some tacos a la Mexican style~" 

She bounced up, grabbing my hand. She told the guys something I obviously didn't quite catch, and she dragged me to the kitchen. 

"Oh, look. We're alone, in PRIVATE..." 

She glared at me, "What do you want to know?" 

"That guy, the one who looked at you like you were his special treat, what's he to you?" 

She shook her head, confused. "There's a lot of guys here, which one?" 

"It's so obvious! The one with the longish brown hair?" 

She still shook her head. 

"The really cute one!" 

"They're all really cute!" 

"They one with the laptop sitting next to him!" 

She gasped, "Kyuhyun?" 

"That's his name?" 

"Uh, yeah. He was the one who looked kind of mean, huh?" 

"Yeah, him and that other guy!" 

"Heechul," she exhaled. "It's nothing personal, just the way they are." 

"Soooo, what's the deal with Kyu...whatever his name is!" 

"Nothing. I mean, I think he likes me, but I don't like him like that. I like someone else," she grinned.

"DETAILS, WOMAN, DETAILS!" 

"Okay, so did you see the other guy with sort of long brown hair? Wearing the black glasses, he's dancing in place right now," she raised her eyebrows towards the living room. "Don't make it obvious you're looking at him."