Chapter 21

KYUHYUN'S POV

I was excited about going out for the first time in months. This time we left the dorm less worried about Miss Piggy. I felt no remorse leaving her, as I would have some one-on-one time with her tomorrow.

I looked around in the elevator to notice everyone looked eccentric about our much deserved night off, everyone except Donghae.

"Where's Donghae?" I asked.

The rest of the members didn't seem bothered at the fact he wasn't with us.

"He turned around last minute, he wasn't completely sure about leaving Penny alone, so he stayed with her," Leeteuk smiled.

Oh no he didn't, I guess I should have seen it coming. Dammit, so much for being the clever maknae. Stupid Miss Piggy had been clouding my thoughts and free time. I still couldn't figure out why I wanted to be with her so bad. I didn't know why I was so drawn to her, when normally I would be avoiding her like crazy. Ugh, life can be a cruel mistress.

We all ended up going our separate ways, everyone wanted to do something different. A few groups were formed, but I decided I wanted to be alone for the night. I headed towards a nearby bar, walking distance. 

"Kyuhyun, if you drink too much make sure to call one of us. We'll pick you up, okay?" Siwon reminded me, most of the time I drank was at home, or with a few buddies. Tonight, I would be my first night alone. 

I walked into the bar, it was busy with people. All of them looking quite alive, charismatic, and only drinking lightly. I walked to the bartender. 

"What would you like to drink?" 

I often enjoyed wine, but I needed something stronger. I couldn't stop thinking about Penny, about Donghae being alone with her. Thoughts of them together flooded my head. He was making all the moves tonight, I knew it. He had her in the palm of his hands.

Penny really had a liking for him, I could tell every time she looked at him. I could see this profound admiration in her eyes, she sometimes stuttered her words, nervous about saying the wrong thing. When he complimented her, she'd look away, unsure if his words were true. It made me feel, weird. A bad weird, it made my stomach twist, made me want to be Donghae. I wanted Penny to like me like she liked him. 

"I'll have a shot of Soju." 

The bartender poured a small amount into the cup. 

"Leave the bottle." 

He left the bottle next to the cup, as I took the first bittersweet gulp. My thoughts continued to rush. I couldn't believe I was really falling for this Mexican girl I had met just months ago. I mean, I liked the way she always stood up for herself, always fought back. I liked that she was so independent, never relying on anyone to do anything for her. She was a loving, free spirit. Always optimistic, no matter what she was going through.

I took another shot. 

I couldn't stand the thought of her being with Donghae. I've always respected him, loved him unconditionally, I wish I didn't have to be in this battle with him. Especially over some girl that we had no idea existed a year ago. I couldn't help it, as much as I tried. I couldn't.

With every thought, I took a shot. Hoping that after each one, Penny's name would mean nothing. That way Donghae and I could be good friends, again. 

--  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  -- 

SUNGMIN'S POV

"Let me call Donghae! He needs to join us~" Eunhyuk was missing his best friend, he was unable to enjoy himself without him.