Chapter 31

PENELOPE'S POV

"Ouch, ouch, OUCHHHHH!" I yelped, pushing myself away from Donghae. 

He sat up, as I rubbed my aching knee. The perfectly romantic moment was ruined by my stupid injury. Ugh, Nicholas Sparks would not be happy about this. 

"You dummy!" Donghae teased, "Come on, let's get out of these wet clothes!"

He jumped to his feet, offering his hand to me. I gladly took it, as he pulled me carefully to his side, helping me walk. We paced in the darkness of the dorm, already knowing where everything was. We went into his room first, the lightning illuminating his body, I looked away. He quickly dried himself off, putting on a tee shirt and some sweats. 

"Ahh~ Much better, so cozy," he patted his cheeks comfortably. I cleared my throat. "Oh, right. Your turn!"   I tried to wrap my arm around his neck, waiting for him to put his arm around my waist, it was becoming a habit of the night. 

"Yah!" I yelled in surprise, as he tossed me in both of his arms, carrying me as if we were newlyweds. I grinned at my silly thoughts.  Donghae casually strolled to my room, holding me carefully, almost like I was a baby bunny. He sat me down on my feet, then stood there, patiently waiting. 

I walked to my closet, guided by the sparks flying through the window from he storm. I picked out my sweats and a shirt, laying them on my bed. I crossed my arms and gently tapped my foot. 

"Oh right!" Donghae covered his eyes with his hands, "or do you want me to leave?"

"But what if a demon or a ghost comes in all mean and stuff," I shuddered. "No, stay here. Close your eyes, cover them, AND turn around." 

"Yes ma'am," he did what I told him to.

I made sure he wasn't able to see anything, and took off the blazer and the dress easily, or at least until I had to slip my legs out.  The injured one started to hurt more and more, with time. I couldn't bend it without a sharp shock of pain, but I toughened up, bit my tongue, and took it out. I put on the shirt with ease, then again the same problem with my leg. Once again I endured the pain of bending it, promising not to for at least another ten minutes. I was finally comfortable, feeling my body soften. 

"Done!" I dinged like a bell. 

Donghae turned back, and eyed me. "Ah, I think I like this Penny a lot more." 

"But this Penny is lazy," I objected. 

"No, comfortable, cozy, simple." 

"Let's go back to the kitchen I'm still thirsty," I made my way back to the kitchen, limping of course. 

Donghae followed behind me, putting his arm around my waist for support. As we got to the kitchen, he checked the switch, hoping for the power to be back on, yet it didn't work. I grabbed the cup I had previously placed on the counter and filled it up with strawberry milk. Donghae was sitting at the table, playing with the flame of the candle. I joined him, perching across from him. 

"I wonder where everyone went. I hope they have power wherever they went," I said. 

"Don't worry. I got a hold of them. I called Leeteuk hyung and he said they went to a small get together with some other groups. They have electricity, and invited us to go there instead of hanging out here in the dark, but I told him we were fine and we'd just hang out here. Unless you want to go, then that's fine too," he explained. 

I shook my head, "No, no, no. This is fine. Is Danielle with them?" 

He shrugged, unknowingly. I reached for my phone from the chair next to me, and texted Henry.