Chapter 47

PENELOPE'S POV

Must concentrate. Must learn. Must memorize. Must eat. Must dance. Must sing. Donghae...his eyes are the perfect shade of brown, I wonder if he knows the power of his smile. Or how deep his voice can be. He has a pretty manly voice for someone who still acts like a five year old most of the time...except the other day. He was definitely a man...a very attractive man. Mmmmmm, chocolate abs. Chocolate. I hope Sungmin didn't finish all of it. I should probably check our candy cabinet. NO! Must study. Okay, in Chinese astrology I'm a rooster. How am I supposed to write a paper on what's it's like to be born on the year of the rooster? I should write a story about a dragon slaying fairy. She'd be all cool with short hair and pretty wings. Wings...chicken sounds really good right now. Time to text Onew. Wait, do I have his number? I'll text Taemin. Wait, no, they're probably super busy with the comeback. Ah, I'll text him anyways, would he give me Onew's number?

"PENELOPE!"

"What?" My phone was already in my hand, ready to text Taemin.

Danielle handed me a piece of paper, "I'm done with the problems. Have you been doodling all over your notes this whole time?"

"No..." I looked down at the spiral.

Facts about the year of the rooster were now out shined by hearts, flowers, an overweight unicorn, and a rough sketch of a girl and a boy.

"Let me see," I took the paper. "See? Algebra's not so bad. Better than Geometry, right?"

"No. Geometry never has an Andrea who buys three hundred chairs, and only uses seven of them. Stupid girl, why would you buy so many?!"

"Maybe she owned a business?"

"WHAT BUSINESS NEEDS THREE HUNDRED CHAIRS TO FUNCTION?"

"Musical Chairs Inc."

"Okay, I'm done for the day, right?"

I nodded, "Yes, ma'am."

"Praise the Lord! I'm going to reward myself with food, a nap, cartoons, twitter, and One Direction video diaries," she ran out the room before I had a chance to say a word.

I had to finish writing the dumb essay, go over the notes, memorize some functions, and set up the Spanish lesson for when the guys got back home.

"Penny, you can do this. You're twenty-two years old, you've been multitasking since your mom taught you how to eat with both hands," I gave myself a prep talk.

I sat up, and started typing up a storm. I was so concentrated, trying to finish everything perfectly, that I lost track of time. I held the pen between my teeth, highlighting the lessons Kangin needed to learn. Suddenly, there was a light knock on the door.

"Come in!" I muttered, teeth still clenched.

"Penelope, did you finish all your homework?" Siwon strode in, settling down next to me.

"Yes sir, I'm finishing up the lesson for today," I smiled. I handed him the laptop with the document up, and my notes.

He adjusted his glasses. He scrolled down the pages, then took the spiral, skimming through it carefully. He was a perfectionist in every sense of the word.

"Did you memorize what you needed to for the test?"

"Yes, for the most part."

"You better get a good score," he said sternly. "Did you already help Danielle out?"

"Earlier, I did. She's doing great, in a couple of weeks she'll be ready for that test," I removed the pen from my mouth. My stomach then let out an unidentifiable sound.