Chapter 20

PENELOPE'S POV

It was Friday, already. The week had gone by in a breeze. Everyone was extremely busy: the guys were rehearsing, a few recording, I was at school, and following up on my job tutoring the guys. All of them were great, with the exception of Kyuhyun, I figured he would be the smartest, but Donghae was exceptional. I was super happy that we were talking once more, and even happier with the fact that he was single and ready to mingle. 

I was feeling a bit exhausted, so I decided I could give myself a break and skipped a couple of classes. Or all of them, who's really counting?

Fortunately, the guys couldn't skip out on practice, leaving the whole dorm to myself. It was great, finally having it to myself, without the constant yelling in the background.  I was starting to miss Sungmin and Yesung barging into my room, when I noticed it was only eleven in the morning, not an hour had passed since they left, and I was already impatient for their quick return. 

I took the liberty of walking around in my underwear, I hadn't been able to since I moved out of Min's place. I turned on the stereo, and listened to SNSD's new album, dancing with the freedom of knowing Eunhyuk and Donghae wouldn't be able to mock me.

 It was refreshing having some feminine time, taking my time painting my nails pink, and reading a magazine. I was so proud of myself, being able to read Korean, never would I have imagined it a year ago.

I decided to be slightly productive, putting my laundry in the wash. I looked around to see if any other house cleaning needed to be done, before I could fully relax. I was extremely happy, noticing nothing required my attention. 

"I smell good, but I think I could smell a little better," I said sniffing my arms.  I liked talking to myself, even if most found it to be unsettling. I bounced to the bathroom, when I found a bottle full of the right ingredients to make a great bubble bath.

I let what clothes remained on my body, drop, and jumped into the steaming hot water. I fully submerged under the bubbles, taking in the scent of sweet vanilla, my favorite. My skin tingled as the existing stress faded away with the steam. I was deep into relieving myself, that I drifted off to a sweet slumber.

--  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --   

 DONGHAE'S POV

I was glad that we were able to get out of rehearsal a bit earlier. Most of the guys were nervous leaving Penny in the dorm alone for the first time. Poor Penny, she was probably going crazy having no one to talk to. 

"How do you guys think Penny's doing?" Sungmin asked nervously looking around at the rest of us. 

Everyone exchanged anxious glances, except Heechul. 

"Doesn't matter. She'll be fine, she's a big girl who can defend herself." 

Ryeowook, Sungmin, and Yesung shook their heads in disgust with his commentary. 

"How about we practice extra hard, so that we don't have to be here extra long?" I suggested.

Kyuhyun shot a death glare my way, knowing I wanted to see Penny first. The whole week, we tried outwitting each other, making excuses to hang out with Penny. She didn't seem to notice all the extra attention she was getting from us, she was too busy laughing at Sungmin and Yesung. 

Leeteuk pondered for a moment before nodding his head, "Yeah, let's do that. I can't leave my little angel alone. She didn't go to school, so we must make her company~" 

The rest of rehearsal went by hectically, by the time we were done everyone was gasping for air and water. We were slowed down in the elevator, impatiently waiting for it to go up faster.