Chapter 25

PENELOPE'S POV

I woke up Sunday morning to loud chanting coming from the hallway. The guys were up early. I was still much too tired, I hid my head under the pillow, hoping to drown them out. 

"PENNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY~~~" 

My bedroom wall shook when the door slammed open against it. The chants were meant for me, lucky me. I felt two of them jump on the bed, trying to shake me awake. I clutched to the matress, savoring the last few seconds of what I would call sleep. 

"Wake up, Penny!" I heard Yesung yell onto the pillow to make sure I got the message.  

I threw the pillow at his face, sitting up. I kept my eyes closed, not ready to face the harsh light. 

"You awake yet?" Sungmin poked my nose repeatedly. 

I rubbed my eyes with the palms of my hands, managing to stretch my back at the same time. I opened my heavy lids to find Sungmin, Yesung, and Henry smiling from ear to ear at me. 

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh," I yawned, "Why are you all awake so early? On a Sunday morning too..." 

"Early? It's half past noon..." Henry chuckled. 

I checked the clock on the nightstand, realizing he was right. I had gone to bed late, Donghae had come over in the middle of the night to watch some Sailor Moon. I wasn't watching it along with him, as I was too busy doing my stupid homework. Still I enjoyed having his leg resting on top of my leg while I rewrote my notes. 

I found myself smiling at the floor, "Anyway, is there a reason you guys had to wake me up? I don't remember setting up an alarm." 

Sungmin puffed his cheeks, "We couldn't have breakfast without you~" 

Ay, his aegyo was too much to handle at any given moment of the day. I shook off the covers, and sprung out of bed. I stretched once more, took a deep breath, and ran to Sungmin.

"Let's go have some breakfast!" I pinched his cheeks, shaking his head. "Every single day I try, jeongmal geoui da wass-eo. We get closer to a good time silyeondeul-e say goodbye~ OH!" I sang at the top of my lungs.

Henry linked his arm on mine, and together we skipped to the kitchen. Yesung and Sungmin bounced behind us, as we all started to sing the same song. 

"Sexy, free and single. Ijen junbineun wanryo. Sexy, free and single, I'm ready too, Bingo~" 

Donghae and Eunhyuk joined us as we reached the kitchen. They started to do the choreography, I tried to follow along, as Leeteuk jumped in to help me.  Shindong pointed at me and winked, while he too joined us. We were dancing and singing, full of delight. 

"Great, we have a back up dancer!" Zhou Mi clapped at the end of our performance. 

"Too bad she's ugly," Heechul snickered. I had actually missed him yesterday, his insults were slightly comforting in a strange way. 

I beamed at him, "You are the pretty one of the group." 

Heechul choked on his orange juice, from the unexpected compliment. He regained his composure quickly, "I know, I know. No need to remind me." 

Sometimes I think Heechul rubbed off on Kyuhyun, both of unbelievably cocky. I shrugged, leaping to Ryeowook. 

"Hi Wookie~" I kissed his cheek.

He handed me a plateful of deliciousness, "Penny! You're up late, I had to make breakfast by myself this morning. I'm glad you got some rest, you seem to be full of sugar and all that is good."