Chapter 49

DONGHAE'S POV

"You like her, don't you?" Jessica asked.

We were sitting on a bench, at the park. The lamp posts illuminated the surrounding trees, and empty playground. I had accompanied her through the rest of her busy schedule. Then again, it was part of my schedule too. Being her public boyfriend was harder than it seemed.

"Do I like who?"

"Penny," she turned away.

"Why are you asking me this question?"

"Do you?" She insisted.

"No, I don't."

"Why are you lying to me?" She snapped her head back.

I shook my head, "I'm not. I don't like Penny."

"Then why are you the first one to volunteer when she needs help? You genuinely smile when you see her. Your eyes are sad every time you see her and Kyuhyun together. You can't tell me you don't like her."

"I don't like her..."

"I can see right through you! Yes you do!"

"No, I don't!"

"You do too!"

"Jessica, I don't, okay?!"

"Lee Donghae..."

"I don't like her, because I love her," I whispered.

The words escaped my mouth without hesitating. It was liberating for a split second, then I saw her face.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

PENELOPE'S POV

Kyuhyun shook a piece of watermelon across my face.

"Do you have any idea how hard it was to find this around this season? Do you have any idea how expensive it was? EAT IT," he whined.

"But I'm so full from the pizza," I pouted.

He glared at me, "You want some cookies?"

"Oooooh, cookies~"

"NO! If you can eat cookies, you can eat some watermelon. Say 'ah'," he pointed the piece at my face.

"KyuhyUGH-"

My complaint was cut short. He shoved the fruit in my mouth in a single move. It filled my cheeks, making me look like a chipmunk.

"You storing your nuts for the winter?" Danielle teased, tearing her face from the laptop, only to smirk.

She sat next to Kyuhyun. We were the only three in the kitchen, the rest had gone next door for game night. That room had become the entertainment center.

"Why aren't you with the rest of the guys? This is your night to shine," I chewed.

"I'm making sure you eat," he crossed his arms.

"That is the last thing you should worry about. Eating has never been a problem for me."

"Say 'ah~'," he repeated.

My eyes were fixed on his angrily. "I can feed myself, thank you."

He pushed the tray of watermelon towards me, "Suit yourself."

Danielle was bored with us, and went back to tumblr. I slipped a few small pieces into my mouth, chewing comfortably.

"Mmmm," I nodded happily.