Chapter 43

PENELOPE'S POV

"What happens now?" I asked.

We were making our way up to the dorm. Fortunately no one knew where we lived; the entire block where we lived was declared private property. It'd be next to impossible for someone to end up there.

"Well, you can be public about your relationship for one," Leeteuk smirked.

"Public about our relationship? I don't recall there ever being one in the first place," Kyuhyun murmured.

"Kyuhyun, please. The way you two fight can only be dismissed as your way of showing each other your love."

"Hyung, seriously. There's nothing going on between us," Kyuhyun groaned.

I sighed, "He's so right. There's nothing going on. As stated previously, I have standards. And he has a laptop to come home to every night."

"Then why the bracelets? The sharing of the ice cream? There's pictures of you two having fun together, sharing sweet moments. You can't tell me there isn't anything going on," Leeteuk pushed.

"There's nothing going on," Kyuhyun and I said in unison.

Leeteuk shook his head. In his head we were in a relationship, no matter how many times we objected. He unlocked the door, and Danielle came busting out immediately.

"Oh mai gawd, Penny~ I missed you so much!" She clung onto me like a spider monkey.

"Ooomf! Get off!" I pushed her away, walking into the dorm.

She pouted, "You didn't miss me? You don't love me anymore~"

"You are so bipolar. You just told me the other day that I was too smothering."

"I was young then, a fool," she followed me into the living room. "Love me again!"

I turned on my heel, "Aw come here, you fool!" I embraced her, and kissed her repeatedly on the forehead. "I love you so much. I missed youuuu~" I pulled away, only to punch her in the arm with force.

"OW. What the hell?" She rubbed her arm.

"That was from your brother," I smiled. I continued to make my way into the living room and my smile dropped. "Oh."

My guts twisted around uncomfortably, my heart stopped, and my jaw popped.

"Uh oh. Someone's pisssseddd," I heard Danielle whisper to Henry. "She popped her jaw...the last time she did that was when they cancelled Phinehas and Ferb."

There she sat, playing with his hair. Twisting it around her fingers, and tugging it slightly, giggling away. Acting like she owned the place.

Leeteuk took my hand and led me to them. "Penny, meet Jessica. Jessica, this is Penelope."

"So you're the maknae's girlfriend," her voice was shrill and annoyed. She skimmed me, up and down, then rolled her eyes.

"Hi," I said in my sweetest tone.

Donghae's eyes were wide. "Penny," he rose from the couch quickly. "Welcome back."

"Thanks," I mumbled.

That wasn't the welcome I was expecting, not from him. Disappointment settled next to the existing anger. The feeling was odd, and it only made me angrier.

As if reading my thoughts, he threw his arms around me. "I really, really, really missed you."

"You noticed my absence? Sorry, it's just that you've had company, who seems to be taking care of you quite well," I gritted my teeth, not responding to his hug.