Chapter 44

PENELOPE'S POV

"What is the mitochondria?" 

Danielle sighed, "The powerhouse of the cell. I'm not stupid! Can we study something else?" 

"You want to go back to Algebra?" 

"No, but we've been studying for like four hours now!" She whined.

"Dani, it has only been three and a half hours,"  I started to oppose but saw the exhaustion in her eyes. She was really trying her best to get everything memorized for the test. "But I guess we're done for the day." 

"Really? Thank God!" She bounced on her butt. "You think I'll pass it?" 

"You'll nail that test to the wall," I assured her. "Day three down. You can mark today off the calendar." 

She went to the Hello Kitty calendar on the wall and x'ed out the square. We decided it'd make us feel better being able to see some progress. 

"Are you nervous?" She jumped back on the bed.

I put away the papers and books, "About?" 

"The interview." 

"Sort of. I think it's a radio show, so I'll be okay," I smiled. 

Danielle glared at me, "Are you sure it's on the radio? What if you're on a tv show? Then you'll be super famous!" 

I rolled my eyes, "No way that's happening. I'm important enough to be put on national television." 

"Why shoudn't you be? You're technically his first girlfriend." 

"Wait, what?!" 

"You seriously cannot be THAT stupid, Penny. Can you?" She took out the laptop and typed up in the search bar. "Look." 

I skimmed through the page she pulled up. 

Blah blah blah blah, Mexican, blah blah blah blah, ordinary, blah blah blah, short, blah blah blah, mystery, blah blah blah blah, Mickey & Minnie, blah blah blah, Starcraft, blah blah blah, Super Junior, blah blah blah, Cho Kyuhyun hints that she's his first girlfriendblah blah blah. 

"WHAT?" I shrieked. 

"Someone didn't do enough research on their relationship," she shook her head in disapproval. "How could you not know? He didn't tell you anything?" 

"No...But maybe because it's not true! This whole thing is a lie anyways." 

"Do you think he lied about everything else?" 

"Probably, I don't know," I shrugged. "Even if it's true, there's no reason I should be on television." 

"Ugh, why don't you want to be on tv? It'd be so awesomeee~" 

"I don't want to push my luck with people liking me. Maybe when they see me interrupt their favorite show they'll turn on me." 

"Don't worry about it. You have your prince to rescue you," she winked.

"Donghae?" 

"You are seriously clueless. What kind of research have you done?" 

"Tumblr..." 

"JUST TUMBLR? THERE'S ONLY PICTURES ON THAT SITE!" 

I bowed my head in shame. I had spent most of the time looking at pictures of us together. I only saw that video where he announced me, but that was it. Maybe that's why I didn't work for the FBI.