Chapter 23

"You  think you like me or you do?"  

Kyuhyun sat there, eagerly waiting for an answer. As if he was certain that I had definite feelings towards him. 

"THINK, KyuhyUGH. It was probably the alcohol in your breath that got me drunk as well, making me think such stupid thoughts," I tried taking my previous words back. I couldn't tell him I liked him. NO. What about Donghae? I couldn't. 

"Hm, I was just messing with you, Miss Piggy," he looked away, smirking. He placed the cup of milk on the side table. 

Wait, was he messing with me? He had just called me by my name, and now we're back to Miss Piggy. 

"So are we going to study, or what?" Kyuhyun interrupted my confusion. 

"Oh right!" I quickly got off the bed, grabbing a spiral and a pen from the desk. I sat back down on the bed, pausing the movie, and  keeping my distance from him. 

He eyed me suspiciously, caught off guard by my sudden shyness.

"Okay, so I've noticed you're not learning pronouns. See in Spanish everything's either a male or a female. For example, the desk, el escritorio, is a male," I pointed at the desk, "Whereas the bed, la cama, is a female," I motioned my hands downwards. 

"Alright, I see what you mean. Like, I'm a boy, EL Kyuhyun," he placed his hands on his chest, "You're a girl, LA Miss Piggy," he shoved my shoulder gently. 

I scooted further nervously, "Right." 

Kyuhyun half smiled at himself, aware of how agitated I had become. 

"So, the r's also seem to be a problem." I changed the topic, "just try rubbing the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth." 

He opened his mouth widely, slapping his tongue against his teeth. 

"No, look at me," I tapped my mouth, "perrrrrro, carrrrrro." I emphasized the r's, generating the stupidest faces on planet Earth. 

"Calllooooowwwww," Kyuhyun tried, edging closer to my face, getting a better look at my mouth as I kept repeating the same words over and over. 

He was inches away from me, abruptly. As I realized he was, I stopped. I stared at him wide-eyed. He kept repeating "callow" continuously, until it started sounding like "low". He stopped, inching closer to me. His nose rubbed against mine, he started tilting his mouth towards mine...

"OKAY THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM RIGHT THERE. Your r's sound like l's. You just just, uh, just have your whole alphabet in a mess. Does the Spanish alphabet mean nothing to you?" I jumped off the bed, stuttering my words. 

He rubbed the back of his head, "I respect the Spanish dictionary a lot. I mean, it's really cool how it has an extra n with a squiggly on top, very unique." 

Kyuhyun sat there, rubbing his bottom lip with his index finger, looking down. 

"Is there anything you feel you need help with? Those are just a couple of things I had noticed," I fidgeted with my fingers, avoiding his stare.

"Uh, I uh...teach me some compliments," he finally said.

"Like what?"

"How do you tell a woman she's beautiful? That kind of thing." 

"Oh. Um, 'eres muy hermosa'." 

"Eles moy mosa?" 

Close enough, I nodded, sitting back down next to him. 

"What else you got?" I had never seen him so excited to learn. 

"Uh, 'eres muy chistosa'." 

"And that means...?"