Chapter 50

DANIELLE'S POV 

"Mmm, I wish I had some Lucky Charms right about now," I searched the empty cabinets. 

Sometimes I forgot all the food was next door. The only things kept in our dorm were water bottles, and a few packages of ramen. It was too early in the morning to even change, and I was definitely not going to get out of my sweats just so I could eat. My hunger wasn't that bad. 

"Good morning," Kangin waved.

I waved back, "Good morning." 

Zhou Mi was already dressed, fashionable as always. He went up to me and hugged me close, then pushed himself away. He gave me two thumbs up, as if to say "Hugs are a necessary part of the day". I nodded, and smiled. Both Zhou Mi and Kangin nudged their heads to the room next door, and left. They were hungry, and Ryeowook and Penny probably already had some food ready for them.

I gave up the want for food, and dragged my feet back down the hall. Sleep, however, was still my ultimate best friend. My lids were heavy, I let them fall. I knew my way around this dorm in the dark. I turned at the indicated door, rubbed my eyes, did a final stretch, and bounced on the bed. Or at least tried. 

"Hmp," he grunted.

I opened my eyes. Henry was standing in front of my bed. His usually animated face, was pale, he had dark circles, from lack of sleep. He blinked, suddenly a small smile appeared on his face. Without a word, he pulled me into a tight hug. 

"Please don't be angry with me."

"Why would I be angry with you?" 

"Last night. I know you deserve an explanation, but I'm not allowed to tell you...I just can't," he sighed.

"That's okay. I trust you."

That was truer than true. I trusted him completely. I may not have been completely happy with what was going on, but it didn't mean that I doubted him for a second.

"Thank you, you'll understand soon enough," he pecked the top of my head.

I nodded, "I know I will."

"How?"

"I have a feeling," I winked.

"Women..." He rolled his eyes. "Are you not eating with us?"

"I want to sleep a little more. Tell Penny I'll be over later," I  jumped on the bed, and tucked myself in. 

"Sleep well," Henry grinned, and closed the door behind him. 

--  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --

PENELOPE'S POV

 Ryeowook passed me the last bowl. The table was set for when the guys rushed in for breakfast. I sipped the hot coffee from the mug, enjoying the few remaining minutes of silence before...

"MMMMMMMMMMMMM FOOD!" Sungmin was at the table at once. 

Not two minutes passed, when the rest of the guys ran in. It was a sight to see. From a few feet away, it was like a stampede. They were predators ready to feast on their prey. They were all in a great mood, not one was frowning. 

"You feel more comfortable, huh?" Ryeowook leaned on the counter next to me. 

I nodded, "You have no idea, Wookie. I feel like my soul is at peace right now." 

I started to think about my reason for happiness for the last few months, to realize he wasn't  at the table. I waved at the guys silently, not wanting to interrupt their conversations. They all smiled back, and went back to their business.