Chapter 27

PENELOPE'S POV

"Milk and cookies?" Sungmin tilted his head towards the kitchen. 

Our Sunday of nothingness was on the verge of ending. We had just finished watching the last movie, Finding Nemo, which seemed  to have cheered up our favorite underwater friend.  

I nodded, realizing Yesung had fallen asleep on my shoulder. "I don't think I can move, a turtle fell asleep on me." 

Sungmin laughed, "you're just surrounded by the sea. Fishies fall asleep on you, turtles fall asleep on you..." 

I grabbed Yesung's head, and gently placed it on the armrest of the couch. I threw my blanket on him, tucking him in. He looked so adorable, he definitely deserved more love from the fans. Halfway through Finding Nemo, some left to get a goodnight's sleep, for dreadful Monday was but a cloud away. The others didn't want to watch the rest, so they left to their respective rooms to do their bed time rituals. 

Sungmin, Yesung, and I remained, being the most energetic throughout the day. It was nine o'clock, not so late, but I guessed that watching movies and eating all day was a chore in itself, only preparing your body for sleep. 

"Strawberry milk?" Sungmin offered, as I took out the cookies. 

"Do you have to ask?"

Sungmin and I had been really good about buying our own sweets. We had a secret compartment, and found ways to hide things in the fridge. That way no one would complain about us eating their snacks, and we had less people to share them with. Selfish? Very. We had no shame when it came to delicious food. 

We leaned over the counter, glad to have each other's company. 

"So are you excited about this date?" Sungmin asked between chews. 

"The fangirl in me is..." 

"Not Penny," he finished for me. 

"It's just, Donghae and I had decided to talk to Leeteuk oppa about it, but when I asked him about dating in general...." 

"He's so strict," Sungmin pouted.

I sighed, "I know. That's why Donghae and I decided to keep our thing off, until someone else asked me on a date. That way we could see how Leeteuk oppa would react to it." 

"Lucky you, Taemin asked you." 

"NO! I really like this fish!" 

He cocked his eyebrows.

"Fine, I'll admit it. I'm excited about my date with him, but I like Hae more," I sucked in my lower lip. 

"Both of you were prepared for you going out on a date with someone else, right?" 

"Right." 

"Then enjoy yourself, let the fangirl in you out of her cage. Not in a freaky way, but live the dream teenage Penelope would love to see come true," he smiled.

"But-"

"No buts. I know you're loving the vanilla, but try some strawberry while you have the choice." 

Sungmin left me quiet for once. 

"I guess there's no harm," I said.

"Just talk to Hae about it. Just so you both know you're on the same page," he stuck a cookie in his mouth, satisfied with his killer advice. 

I hugged him, "how do you not have a girlfriend? Seriously, you're so incredibly cute, handsome, funny, smart, and GREAT company." 

"Every girl sees me as a friend only," he glared.