Chapter 65

PENELOPE'S POV

I gulped, already knowing the words that were going to leave his mouth. 

"I know you've been caught up in your own little world. You have school, you have what seems to be a very complicated love life, and you have surprise visits from your family. I get that, Penelope, I really do, but you're not doing the job that you were initially hired to do. Well at least that's what I'm getting. I know you have been on and off with the tutoring, and that's probably because the company keeps delaying the Latin American tour, but I really need you to be on point about it," the prince manager scolded. 

"I'm sorry," I looked down. "I'm really, really sorry. I shoudn't be so preoccupied with my own personal needs. You're right, I wasn't hired to date them, or hang out with them. And I'm certainly pressing the limits of your patience by having my family around. I really do appreciate the patience and the understanding manner you have with me, so thank you for that." 

"Penelope, I want to make it clear, I'm not mad at you. I've pretty much adopted you, and made you part of the group. Instead of tutoring them, you actually became their babysitter while I've been gone. You keep them in order, you clean up after them, you help cook, you make them a little happier. I'm thankful for that. I never asked you to do any of that, so, thank you. I just wanted to remind you to at least tutor them once a week." 

I nodded, "Yes sir." 

"I don't want them to be fluent in the language, but I do want them to have an overall understanding of the language- Actually, I also wanted to speak to you about something else. If you could help them with their English, that'd be great." 

"English?" 

"Yes, they need that a little more, since they have concerts in New York City and Los Angeles. It'd be nice if they could communicate a little better. Most of them have a pretty good grasp, but if you could make them fluent, that'd be a life saver." 

"Of course, it's the least I can do...after screwing up." 

"You didn't screw up, you just got sidetracked. It happens." 

"Manager...?" 

"Yes?" 

"Would it be okay if I moved out?" 

He gasped, "You want to move out? Now?" 

"Would it be okay? I mean I don't know how long my brother will be staying, and my cousin's having a hard time getting along with one of the guys, and I just feel like I should find a place for us to stay," I explained. 

"I see...who's she not getting along with?" 

"I...uh, I'd rather not say. I feel like I can find us a good place to live in, near the dorm." 

"To be honest, I'd rather you stay in the dorm, Penny, for your safety," he smiled. 

Woah, hold the phone, he called me Penny? He always had addressed me by my full name...and formally. Anyway, what did he mean my safety? 

"My safety?" I retorted. 

"Kyuhyun told me about the encounter you had with the fans in the alley." 

"WHAT?" I shrieked. "Wha-wha-what encounter?" 

The manager narrowed his eyes, "Don't try to keep this from me, Penny." 

"It doesn't matter anyway, I survived. Besides, it was a really long time ago. Like I was so much younger then...: 

"Still, what if you do move out. And since you're going to be starting up on tutoring you'll be going in and out of the dorm at least four times a week, and there's usually a fan or two standing around the street near the dorm. They'll catch on to your schedule and they'll track you down. I don't want to hear about you being beat up again."