60.

-Katerina POV-

No other day of my life felt as long as this one. Bringing Rafaella to all the fittings with me and having a companion throughout the day definitely took the edge off, especially when Anada called. I thought back to the conversation and how I promised her her mother would be here not only tomorrow but until her birthday which was still weeks away. There was no way Damon was going to let me get away with that. Not to mention he was probably even more angry now that I had helped Rafa draft a message to cancel their "date." I dont know what he intended on doing to Rafaella but I'm glad I was about to intervene before it was too late. Instead of a date with him, I had promised Rafaella a romantic evening with me. We got dressed around 5 and went to the boardwalk for some ice cream and a nice view of the sunset. We dressed casually since we planned on going to the beach. I wore a black maxi dress and tied a knot at the hem so it was adjusted to my height and Rafa wore a grey jumpsuit.

We got our ice cream and laid out a blanket on the sand to sit on. The beach was rather empty because it was a weekday and after peak time. Rafa and I enjoyed some casual conversation and she told me about her past relationships and what it was like growing up with Neymar, all of which interested me. I loved how easy it was to talk to her and how much we had in common. It hadn't even been an hour on the sand before I saw familiar faces walking toward us over Rafa's shoulder. "What are they doing here," we half chuckled at the mini army approaching me as I got up to greet Rafinha, Anada, Alexis and Neymar.

"You guys are crashing our date," I accused playfully.

"Sorry babe, it was Anada's idea," Neymar told me, making my eyebrows furrow at her. I wondered if she planned on asking me any questions about her mother and I immediately felt nervous.

"I just missed you Kat. You know you're like a mother to me," she whined and hugged me closely, her hands rubbed my back and my sides like if she was feeling for a wire on my body.

"O-okay handsy," I laughed, taking her creepy hands off me. "You saw me what? like yesterday? What is going on?"

"We haven't spent enough sibling time lately. You know one day you're going to have a family of your own and you wont have time for us," Alexis said, taking me by pure surprise.

"Alexis, I'm 20. I think I have some time," I retorted. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Anada shoot Neymar a look but as soon as I looked their way, they fixed their composure.

"It's okay, Katerina, let's all go to a restaurant or something," Rafa interjected, earning a quick nod from Rafinha who I'm sure was very hungry.

We took a short walk down the boardwalk and got a table outside in a private outdoor area. The waiter came around taking our order and Alexis ordered two bottles of wine for the table. "I'm just going to do water please," I spoke up after he ordered. Neymar dropped his fork and Alexis started coughing as the boys stared at Anada's widened eyes, leaving Rafaella and I insanely confused. "Everyone okay?" I questioned.

"Err- Mhm, we're fine babe," Neymar reassured me before he kissed my temple.

"Kat, I ordered your favorite wine," Alexis probed me.

"I know. I'm just taking the night off," I shrugged nonchalantly. None of them seemed satisfied with my answer. Feeling too much attention on me, I tucked some hair behind my ear and turned to Rafaella, "So tomorrow my parents are having their one year anniversary party at their house and you're welcome to come."

"I'd love to!" She quickly accepted and smiled at me.

Before I could respond, Anada commented, "Kat's a lot like her mom, I'm sure even when she's married for like 50 years with a million kids she'll still have anniversary parties." Rafaella chuckled at her words while I smiled and awkwardly sipped my water. The vibe tonight was so weird and it put me on edge.