23.

-Katerina POV-
I woke up fully rested and with no signs of tiredness on my face which was very pleasing. I got ready fast since I laid out my outfit the night before. The dress was a deep purple reddish color and it went down to my knees, caressing my body in all the right places. I wore nude heels and neutral makeup. Finally, I curled my hair and let the curls fall to my waist.

Alexis had to go early to get dressed with the rest of the team in their locker room and check in there and Anada still wasn't ready so I used my extra time to pack up the last of my belongings in my room. All I had left to do was put away important papers, like birth certificates and passports etc. so I'd finish quickly. I opened the box and took out the stack. Something on the first paper caught my eye and the longer I starred at it, the more confused I was. I reread it probably a million times but nothing changed. "You ready, Katty?" Anada yelled from her room.

I jumped at her voice and folded the paper carefully. I slid it in my handbag quickly. "Uh.. you go ahead! I think I'm going to go stop at mom's office first!" I yelled back. I had to so many questions and had to show my mom what I found as soon as possible. Anada seemed confused but said she'd see me there and went on her way. After I heard the door shut, I went to Alexis' room and grabbed a random set of car keys without looking. My car still wasn't here from Santiago so I had to borrow one of his, though he wouldn't mind. I locked the front door and made my way to his garage. I pressed the 'open' button on the keys in my hand. My jaw dropped when the lights to his black Lamborghini flashed. It was his favorite car and he only drove it on special occasions, he'd kill me if he found out I drove it but I was in a rush so I didn't have a choice.

I drove to my mom's office in the heart of Barcelona and went straight to the top floor. "Good morning, Ms. Katerina," her secretary greeted.

"Good morning," I smiled, "is my mom still here?"

"Yes, she should be in her office," she replied. I thanked her and went down the hall and knocked on her door.

She called to come in and hugged me immediately, "that dress looks wonderful on you, Kat, but shouldn't you be at Camp Nou? I'm heading there now," she said.

"Thank you mom," I smiled quickly to move on to show her what I had found. "Actually, I found something and I wanted to know if you knew anything about it but can we keep this between us," I asked, closing her office door behind me.

She looked worried but nodded and I handed her the paper. She looked over it and furrowed her eyebrows. "Hmm, that's strange. How is this possible?" she mumbled. She reread Anada's birth certificate aloud, "Sex: female. Mother: Isabella Martinez. Father:... Sergio Gomez? I'm sure it's a mistake, dear. I'll contact Isabella later and send this back to Santiago so she can get it corrected immediately," she reassured me. How was it possible that the hospital had made a mistake on Anada's birth certificate and of all people my father's name was written down instead of her own father? I nodded slowly but I still wasn't fully convinced.

She sighed softly and set the papers on her desk before coming closer to me. She combed my hair behind my ears with her fingers on either side of my face and kissed my forehead. "Ah mija, I know you're paranoid about Sergio but don't be," she soothed, "we are far away from him now. We're safe." She put both hands on my shoulders and I took a deep breath to calm down. She was right, I was just paranoid. There was no way he could harm us anymore so I needed to let those thoughts out of my mind. "Now let's go before we're late!" She said and pulled me along with her.

"Your brother let you drive that? He loves that car," my mom stated, suspiciously while we walked to the car and got in.

I grinned smugly, "he might not know that I'm driving it."