19.

-Neymar POV-
Yesterday with Katerina was absolutely amazing. She was simply flawless. Her eyes, her smile, her laugh. Not even her looks alone, but her kindness, her sense of humor, her cleverness. My heart sang every time she was near me. I was mesmerized by her in every way and I hoped she felt the same way about me. Once Katerina was ready to tell Alexis about us, I had to be sure to thank him for inviting me to Santiago. If it wasn't for him, I may have never met her.

We'd all be leaving Santiago tomorrow evening so Rafinha and I stayed in our hotel all day to pack. We packed in the morning and finished quickly since we barely unpacked anything in the first place. Rafinha decided to meet up with Alexis for lunch and asked if I wanted to join but I had other plans.

As soon as I heard the door close, I pulled out my MacBook and went straight to safari. Ever since Katerina told me the story about her father, I was curious about her past. I'd been curious about her past love life since the night of her party, I mean a girl as beautiful as her couldn't have been single her whole life, right? I wondered why she was so reserved. Most girls would throw themselves at guys, especially at parties, yet Katerina was the complete opposite! She curved me every chance she got that night.

I entered her name into the search bar and millions of results came up. I went to images and looked through a few pictures of her. There were pictures from modeling as well as selfies from her Instagram. She looked mighty fine in every picture, especially her swimsuit shots. I probably looked like a creep going through pictures like this but I didn't care. She was my girl, I had a right to see pictures!

I clicked the first link to an article and saw there were tons of pictures of us at her birthday party as well as false rumors of her being in a relationship with various famous people like Ryan Guzman and myself. I felt slightly jealous when I saw pictures of her at a club in New York with Ryan Guzman being a little too close. Why was I jealous? I didn't even know her at that time, nor were we together! I shook my head in disapproval of myself. I found that they knew each other from modeling for People Magazine's 'Most Beautiful People of the World' issue in the United States. Some of the images were linked in the article and I casually scrolled through them, as if I hadn't just seen hundreds of pictures of her already. Katerina looked stunning in the picture in a long green dress that trailed behind her as she looked over her shoulder, smiling toward Ryan. Of course I didn't like the fact he was in the picture but at the end of the day, she was with me, not him.

I refocused on the webpage and read the headline: "Katerina Vera Finally Moving on From Year-long Relationship With Damon Salvez." I furrowed my eyebrows and decided to search this Damon guy. I was shocked at what came up. There were pictures of Katerina at a few public events holding hands with a man, who I assumed was Damon. She looked younger, maybe around 18, and much skinnier, not that she was fat now, in fact, Katerina had a dreamlike body. She filled out her curves well, from her full chest down her small waist to her big backside. Although she still looked beautiful in the pictures, she looked strange in a way. In some pictures she was smiling, while in others, she had a sad or pained expression. It wasn't too noticeable but I knew by the look in her eye in the image that something was off. I read through some article from 10 months ago related to their breakup and felt nothing but sadness and rage building inside of me.

It read, 'The rumors are true, Katerina Vera and Damon Salvez have called it quits for good. The couple had been known for their complicated relations and had been on and off for the past few months. Katerina attended a Chilean international friendly football game with Anada Martinez, both wearing her soon to be step brother Alexis Sanchez's jersey. However, fans say they noticed blueish marks near Katerina's neck and along her upper arm, although her hair covered most of it. Could domestic violence be an allegation here? When Katerina was questioned on the red carpet before her mother's winter collection fashion show, which she went to alone, she evaded the topic saying, "I didn't come here to talk about this." The list of reasons are endless to accuse Damon Salvez of physical abuse. He is known for his short temper as he has demonstrated when he abruptly yelled at Katerina for going out clubbing with Anada and not coming home when he asked her to. He also has forcibly pulled her off of the red carpet at the Latino Grammy's when he believed she was flirting with a few paparazzi. However, she was not doing that at all. Her best friend defended her by saying, "Katerina simply smiled for her picture to be taken. One of them complimented her dress and she thanked them." Last night Anada Martinez posted a tweet saying, "I refuse to sit back and watch. It simply makes me sick." Katerina was seen leaving the hospital in downtown Santiago a few days later. She has not made a statement on her condition yet. We'll keep you updated on this unfolding story.'