28.

-Neymar POV-
My day was just beginning when I got off the phone with my parents. I called them whenever I got time just to check in and make sure they're doing well. Also to find out what time my sister and son would be arriving in Barcelona. I was looking forward to introducing Katerina to them, especially Davi. She was so good with kids and I knew she loved being with them. Even the charity she founded was to help abused children. I was unbelievably proud of her for accomplishing that and I couldn't wait to be by her side at the gala to support her.

My mother told me Rafaella would be on the flight that arrived in two days so I texted Katerina and asked her if she would come with me to the airport to pick them up. 'Will you come with me on Friday to get Rafaella and Davi from the airport?' I typed.

'Of course mi amor,' she replied a few minutes later. I smiled and put my phone away. I needed something to do today since she would be with Anada the whole day. It was times like now that I really missed all my friends that were back home in Brazil. I had been home before going to Santiago with Alexis but I missed them everyday. I had Alexis and Rafinha here, though, we had gotten close from the very first day I met them and they were my closest friends here.

I decided to call Rafinha and see what he was up to. He picked up on the third ring, "hey bro, what's up," he said.

"Hey Raf," I greeted, "are you free today? Let's do something."

"Feeling withdrawal from Katerina already?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "Of course not, I just wanted to hang out with my best friend," I retorted. That was half true, Rafinha and I hadn't hung out in a while since I'd been with Katerina so much but it did feel strange to be apart from her. I loved being around her more than anything else. She was the first thing I thought about when I woke up and the last thought before I went to bed. However, if I told Rafinha that, the jokes would never end.

"Yeah okay," he said, sarcastically, "but you're in luck! I was already on my way to your place. Alexis texted me to get you and come over his house since the girls are gone."

"Alright, sounds good to me!" I said and then hung up. I got dressed in a pair of plum colored denim jeans and a grey v-neck. Then, I styled my hair. Everyone made fun of me for the work I put into my hair but it was my trademark! Everyone knew the Neymar Jr hairstyle! I had to maintain it. I went to my kitchen and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl while I checked my Twitter. I favorited a few fan tweets and replied to some. I always loved interacting with my fans since they were my motivation. It always amazed me that I was someone's idol in the football world. I could never disappoint them.

I heard the sound of a car horn go off outside signaling that Rafinha was here. I disposed of the apple core and went out to his car. "Long time no see, Bro! I thought you and Katerina had secretly eloped," Rafinha teased.

I rolled my eyes, "ha ha very funny. I didn't know it was a bad thing to want to spend time with my girlfriend," I said.

He shook his head and jabbed my shoulder, keeping one hand on the steering wheel. "Not a problem, man. It's just different. You weren't like this with Bruna," he told me. That was the first time anyone had brought up her name in a while and I was happy that I felt absolutely nothing when he said it. Bruna was my ex. She was a Brazilian actress and a good friend to me still. She and I had our differences and realized we just weren't working out anymore, she wanted to settle down and I just wasn't ready. I just didn't feel that kind of love for her, I wanted something more, something stronger. However, we split without much of a problem and I was happy about that.

"With Katerina it is different. She's just so real, you know? No body gets me like she does. She makes me the happiest man alive just by looking at me," I said with a smile forming on my face.