82.

-Neymar POV-

If you had told me that on the same day I would be getting a 5 match suspension, a 250,000 euro fine and the love of my life would tear my heart out, I probably wouldn't believe you. Yet, it happened. The view of Katerina walking away from me was still fresh in my mind 3 days later and having nothing to do did not help the situation. The first few days of my suspension was filled with daily workouts and that was about it. Rafinha had taken Anada to Ibiza, Alexis was in Germany for an international friendly and my dad had returned to Santos where meetings were underway regarding my PSG transfer. I had a few interviews for magazines but my manager scheduled them all on the same day which meant the rest of my week was spent at home sprawled on my sofa, watching Big Brother Brasil with my sister. While I loved having my sister here, she was still in fashion school full time which meant when she had to write a detailed review of Katerina's collection, I had to hear about it.

In her defense, Katerina was the talk of the town no matter where I looked. Everyone who was anyone was raving about her show and Vera's sales were already up 35%. Rafaella had shown me her interview with Anna Wintour for Vogue and I knew how big of a deal it was that she had gotten such a positive review. I was happy for her--genuinely. I had no doubt in my mind she would be successful but it didn't change the fact I was still angry.

Anada and Alexis were proud of their sister and they weren't shy about it on social media. They posted and reposted almost every article to their Instagram stories and Anada posted a ton of throwback pictures of her and Katerina from their vacation last year saying how much she wished she could enjoy Ibiza with her. I was surprised to see Katerina hadn't liked any of them or posted any pictures from NY fashion week, not that I was stalking her page or anything.

It was unlike her not to ignore social media but considering the nasty comments I was reading under my own pictures about our relationship, I could understand that it was losing it's appeal at the moment. I blocked so many accounts and restricted comments on my posts after releasing a statement about my suspension. Many fans blamed Katerina for it and while I wasn't going to defend her, I didn't add to the drama of it. After giving myself a thumb cramp from scrolling for so long, I decided to just pass some time by napping.

My peaceful nap was interrupted by the doorbell ringing nonstop. I waited for Rafaella to answer the door but I groaned as I remembered she had gone shopping with Antonella and wouldn't be home till later. The ringing didn't stop and It was as if someone held down the button. It better have been a glitch or whoever it was would be getting my wrath. I rushed down the stairs and opened the front door to see Anada standing there ringing the bell still. She was definitely a shade or two tanner and she looked like she had come here straight from the plane. I took her hand off of the button and huffed out a breath. "Where is she?" she demanded, pushing her way past me before I could complain.

"Who?"

"Don't play dumb with me, Santos. I know Katerina is here," she snapped.

"Anada, give it a rest," I groaned at the mention of her name. "Katerina and I are not together. Why would she be here?"

"Well then where is she? I haven't heard from her since Raf and I left Barcelona. I was trying to enjoy my vacation but I kept getting bothered with work calls and emails because no one can reach Kat. I covered for her because I figured something was up with you two but she's not picking up her phone or answering my messages and you're the last person I know she was with," she said to me.

I shook my head at her knowing she had planned to go to Miami with Jose. "I saw her that morning, yes, but she had a car waiting to take her to the airport," I said.

Anada's eyebrows furrowed at me and her gaze shifted away as she thought about something. "No, Jose said Katerina canceled on him and said she was heading straight to New York," she frowned.