87.

-Katerina POV-

3pm

I rolled over and felt limp. I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. My head was pounding and as I woke up, I felt the soft and warm cushion of a bed underneath my body. I was relieved to feel it and I kept my eyes closed. The blackness behind my eyelids was the only escape I had from the circle of hell I was in. I let my anxious mind drift to a memory, one I had been replaying often.

.

Neymar buried his head in my neck and wrapped his arm over my torso. We were still in bed despite it being well into the morning but that was okay with us. I put my arms around him and lightly ran my fingers over his toned shoulder blade. I kissed his cheek. There was nothing like laying skin to skin with him. He held me close so I was facing him on my side and wrapped the sheet around us. His body felt so warm and safe. There were a lot of times I wondered just how real this all could be. No one had ever treated me the way he did and I wondered how long I would be lucky enough. "What are you thinking about," he asked as he rubbed my back soothingly.

"Do you think you'd ever get tired of this," I asked.

"Tired of this?" He asked and moved his hand lower to squeeze my naked backside. "Absolutely not," he smirked.

I jumped and hit his shoulder. "You know what I mean," I groaned and rolled my eyes.

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "No, I don't," he answered. "Why would you think that?" He asked and intertwined our fingers, rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand.

"I don't know, people change, and then things aren't the same," I mumbled.

"Well, if you always treat someone the way you did when the relationship began, then there is no end," he said.

"Where did you learn that one," I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"That's straight out of Neymar Jr's rules of love, baby," he smirked. I couldn't help but giggle at him. "That's why I still want to take you on dates, call you when I miss you, make you blush," he smirked as he pinched my flushed cheek. "Because I don't want an end with you," he said, piercing my eyes with his hazel fire.

His lips covered mine slowly and passionately. Our lips tenderly moved together and my hand rose to cup his face. "I love you," he whispered which made me smile into his lips.

.

The memory was distant but I clung to it like it was really happening. I deeply regretted my last conversation with him and the fact he probably hated me left my heartbroken. His words still stung and all I could see in my head now was the anger on his face at Camp Nou. I had no one to blame but myself and that made it so much worse. I felt a hole in my chest as I imagined what it used to feel like being in Neymar's arms and I reveled in the softness of the bed I was in. I used my hands to feel around and I felt creased sheets. I contorted my body uncomfortably from the clothes I was wearing and could finally feel the heels I was wearing earlier still on my feet. I rolled over onto my side to open my eyes away from the light and immediately regretted it. Damon was laying beside me, propping his head up with his elbow and staring at me intently.

"What did you do to me," I groaned. I felt different than the last time I woke up. While I felt weak, I felt less disoriented and more like I had woken up from a very deep sleep. I blinked a few times until my eyes focused on him.

"I heard you had trouble sleeping and I wanted you to get some rest," he shrugged.

I scoffed. "I almost believe it," I muttered.