105.

Leave a comment:
who's your favorite character in this story??

-Katerina POV-

"Oh my god," Anada gasped as we read the letters from our biological father. He said quite a bit in 20 pages of handwritten words and it was nothing like what we'd expected. Though, I was right. It was a smoking gun one way or another. "Kat, he's going to-"

"Anada, don't even say it out loud," I interrupted her. She stared at me with bewildered eyes and I said, "we can't tell anyone. Ever."

Her eyes only got bigger and she scanned the letter again with her eyes as though she was searching for different words. "I-I can't go through this again," she whispered shakily.

"Hey," I said and took her shaking hands into mine. She looked at me and I tried to soothe her with my calm gaze. "You won't. We tell no one. And when it all goes down, you will be far away from it. I promise," I assured her.

"How can you promise that? You're not going to help him, are you?" she asked me.

"I'm not going to help Sergio do anything," I answered. "I just need you to trust me."

"Of course I trust you. You're my sister," she said to me. Her brown eyes darted back and forth as she looked into my eyes. "You've always protected me. I just want to be able to protect you too. You have no idea how hard it was for me when you were missing. Damon is bad enough, now we have to worry about our father too. I just want this to be over," she ranted.

"It will be over. We're ending this today," I said definitively. 

.

I narrowed my eyes at Damon standing in front of me and fought the urge to explode. Hs smug look pissed me off, and I only got more irritated at the sight of his snake of a sister beside him. "Far from it," I scoffed a response to him.

He ignored me and glanced at Neymar, then Oscar, and then back at me. "You know, Rina, there's only so many times you can tell everyone you're getting a ring resized before people start to think they've been thrown for a loop," he muttered. It was my turn to ignore him and he left with Clara.

When he'd turned his back, Anada rushed to my side and took my hands in hers. "Are you okay, Katty? Did you get it," she asked me.

"I'm fine," I assured her. I glanced at Neymar kind of surprised to see him. He looked concerned to see me with Damon but more than the concern was surprise. I was just glad he wasn't upset at it. He and I had agreed to keep things platonic--for real this time--despite our kiss last night, at least until the drama was over. I hadn't mentioned seeing Damon this morning and to be fair, I didn't have the idea until a few short hours ago. My morning detour to breakfast with Damon was not ideal. I was honestly surprised he even agreed to meet. Counterterrorism negotiations probably went smoother than our conversation, but it got the job done, kind of. "Yes, I did," I sighed to my sister. I dug into my pocket and found a red flash drive and tossed it to Javier.

"I'll get this to Iris. These records should be everything she needs to finalize the story she's been writing about Damon. She might be able to break the story tonight if I get it to her soon enough. Pending doctor's approval?" he hesitated and looked at Oscar beside him.

Oscar nodded. "Iris will be fine. I'm managing her doses to ease the withdrawal. She may have episodic symptoms, but she'll get through it. It's best that we're all around to support her. Publishing the exposé will be good. It'll redirect the headlines to her business rather than her arrest while you're dealing with getting the charges dropped," he said optimistically to his best friend.