29.

-Katerina POV-
"Katerina, he is the reason your father is out of prison," she whispered. It repeated over and over in my head as if it was being tattooed into my brain. I was beyond confused and this had hit me like a brick wall. I never would've expected this. I felt my jaw drop as my eyes froze on the floor. It was a good thing I was already sitting or else I probably would've fainted. "I think she's in shock," I heard Clara say. I felt like everything around me disappeared and I thought back to the night I saw my father.

"Katerina, ai Dios. You've grown to be so beautiful," he said, taking his hand and stroking my cheek. "It's been so long. Now we're together again," he said.

I slapped his hand away, "don't touch me! W-what are you d-doing here," I wanted to yell but it only came out in a whisper.

"Oh mí hija, you don't treat your father like that, you know better," he said, stepping closer.

I felt my blood boil at the way he called himself a father. "You're no father! Leave here! I don't know why or how you're here but trust me, no one wants you here!" I was able to yell.

"A temper," he pondered, "you really are my daughter," he laughed.

My fists balled up and I screamed at him, "I AM NOTHING LIKE YOU! I NEVER WILL BE ANYTHING LIKE YOU!" Tears of anger began to flow down my cheeks.

He only let out a chuckle, "hija, if you aren't like me, why are you getting so mad? Face it, you can't disown me. You'll. Always. Be. Like. Me." He emphasized each word and I felt them burn into my soul.

"Katerina, baby, say something," I heard Neymar say as he rubbed my arms. He awoke me from my thoughts and I was able to move again. I looked around around frantically before my eyes landed on Neymar's worried ones. "You're okay. I'm right here," he whispered.

I felt much calmer after hearing his voice and I felt my muscles become less tense. "I'm fine," I mumbled and he intertwined our fingers.

"How is that even remotely possible?" Alexis spoke up for me.

"I don't know where from or how he got the money but I do know he payed the bail for Sergio's release. That I know for sure," Clara answered.

"Clara, if this is some kind of sick joke, I swear to God I will-" Anada started.

Clara cut her off, "It's kind of indisputable considering she saw him for herself," she said in a slightly annoyed tone from all the disbelieving glances she was receiving from everyone in the room. Anada gave her the who-are-you-getting-smart-with look and she swallowed before speaking softer, "I wouldn't come all the way here with the last of my savings just to play a joke on her. There was no way either of you would have believed me if I told you this over the phone. It had to be done in person. All I know is that the two of them are somewhere in Santiago. I don't know what they're going to do next or if they've done something already."

"Kat, my mother is in Santiago," Anada said. I had so much to worry about I completely forgot about her mother. "What if this is what 'came up' and this is why she won't be at your gala?" Anada started to hypothesize in panic.

"Something came up?" Alexis and Rafinha asked together.

Anada nodded and told them that her mother couldn't make it to my gala on Friday. "Let's not jump to conclusions yet, Tía Isabella wouldn't lie if something was going on," I said, trying to be as optimistic as I could for Anada.

"But what if-" Rafinha started to say before he caught a deadly glare from me which shut him up instantly. Anada didn't need to hear the worst case scenarios, none of us did.