49.

-Katerina POV-
I had slept with two major thoughts on my mind and no matter what I did, I couldn't shake either of them. The first being the questions the paps had asked at dinner last night. They asked me about my mother and I recalled hearing the word divorce multiple times. Normally, those two words didn't surprise me when they were placed in the same sentence but now they frightened me.

The second nagging thought being Anada and her mother. Isabella was all the way in Santiago and none of us had heard much from her since we left Chile. Of all of us, it bothered Anada the most, and with good reason. However, of all of us, I was the only one who knew why we hadn't heard much from Isabella.  There was no way I could tell anyone why she wasn't answering their calls and I felt horrible for lying to Anada. I knew she wanted her mom here more than anything and I didn't like to see her upset so I was willing to try to get her here in time for the party. There was no use in calling her because the chance of her answering were slim to none. Also, I didn't want to risk someone other than her picking up the phone. I knew of only one possibility to get in touch with Isabella and get her to come to Barcelona for Anada's birthday. It would mean the world to her, and all of our family, to have her mother here. However, that one possibility would mean contacting someone and doing something I definitely didn't want to but for Anada, I had to.

I looked down in front of me and saw my phone sitting on top of the coffee table. I lightly tapped the screen with my fingers as I contemplated calling Damon. It had been an idea in the back of my mind since Anada complained yet again that she missed her mother and wanted to go home. Since the night at the park, he had kept his word and never tried to contact me again which I was still shocked by. I still had his number as well as every message he sent me, although I never looked at them.

Alexis' footsteps coming back down the stairs regained my attention and I sat back in the couch. It had been a while since I hung out with Alexis, Atom and Humber so after he was home from training, I decided to visit. Neymar had gone to the airport to pick up Davi so they would meet me here.

Alexis and I were flipping through channels on the TV, talking about random topics when our names and pictures popped up on the screen of a celebrity gossip show. "Could this be the beginning of another billion dollar divorce? Marina Vera spotted at dinner at a popular downtown restaurant with ex husband Rick Staleger. The two were seen hugging after their meet up last evening. Rick is allegedly in town on a business trip, however, could the real reason be to win back Marina's heart? Daughter Katerina Vera was seen leaving another local restaurant with boyfriend, Neymar Jr. and was questioned about the possible divorce of her mother and step father but remained silent. No word has been heard from José Sanchez nor his son, Alexis Sanchez. José and Marina have been together almost two years and as their one year wedding anniversary approaches, it's unsure whether they will be celebrating or calling it quits!" the woman on the screen reported scandalously.

Alexis and I were speechless as we focused on the images that flashed across the screen of my mother eating dinner with Rick last night. "Did you know about this?" Alexis asked after the show went to commercial break.

"No, not at all!" I gasped, shaking my head. I turned my attention to him and I saw a mix of emotions forming on his face. "Alexis, I really didn't know. You think I'd let her do this?" I frowned when he looked at me almost disbelievingly.

"Of course not but what do you think is going to happen when dad finds out?!" he asked me worriedly. That question frightened me because it was possible José had heard about this already and since neither of us had heard from him, I didn't know what to think. "Katerina, weren't you with your mom when you two saw Rick?" he asked.