45.

-Katerina POV-
I realized that I wasn't prepared for this at all. I didn't know what I was doing but it was far too late to go back now. My heels clicked against the pavement as I walked alone through the dark maze of trees. According to my iPhone, it was exactly midnight but it wasn't the dark night that I feared the most right now. Though he had never said, I knew where to meet him. If I was correct, he was recreating our first date which had been at Parque Forestral in downtown Santiago.

I followed the path to the open space that had a fountain in the center. I could feel my hands shaking and I felt like I could get a panic attack at any second. I tried to focus on my breathing and I held my hands together. I had no control over the emotions I was feeling as it was a mix of rage and fear all at once. I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as I saw him sitting on the rim of the fountain. He looked very cleaned up to my surprise. From what I could see by the light of the moon, he wasn't shaven but his scruff was trimmed and his thick black curly hair was cut in a stylish due. He was wearing what looked like ripped jeans and a black dress shirt which solidified my presumption of him making some twisted reenactment.

He must've felt a presence and looked up, straight at me. A grin formed on his lips and he stood up. "Smart of you to com-," he said.

Hearing his voice for just that single second made the rage within me explode. "No, let me talk," I said harshly as I held up my hand to shut him up. "I want to know where you got my number and why you can't leave me the hell alone!" I yelled at him, emphasizing the last part.

"Both valid questions," he shrugged nonchalantly.

"Damn it, Damon. Just answer me," I spat.

"Isabella," he simply said.

"E-excuse me?" I questioned.

"Isabella Martinez? Ring a bell? Anada's mother gave me your phone number," he said dryly.

"What did you do to her?! Stay away from my family, Damon. What ever this is, is between us," I said, trying desperately to maintain my firm tone.

"I didn't do anything besides ask for your new number. You always make everything a big deal," he groaned and rolled his eyes.

"If I find out she's hurt, Damon, I swear to-"

"She. Is. Fine. I didn't do anything to her, for the last time. Oh, but I forgot to tell you the best thing. I bailed your father out of prison," he bragged with disgusting pride, though I'd known that already, he didn't have to know I knew. "I figured what better way to get to you than using your own flesh and blood. He's in Santiago but I'm sure he would love to see his little girl."

"You're an idiot. Why would you even think of doing that?! What do you have to gain from releasing a murderer from prison?" I frowned.

"I plan on gaining a lot in the near future," he smirked.

"What is this? What kind of game are you playing," I muttered baffled.

"This isn't a game, Katerina. This is fairness, reclaiming what should be mine, if you will," he said ominously.

"Spit it out," I ordered.

He rolled his eyes and said, "after we broke up and you wanted to be a little attention seeker, telling the media and starting some shitty charity, everyone knows who I am. I couldn't get a job because of the stories you told about me which meant no income which also means no food or home. While you were traveling here and there, buying this and that, I was suffering."

I stared at him blankly trying to figure out why he was telling this when I didn't care at all. It was so humorous that I actually laughed. "I think that's what's known as karma," I said in between my laughs.