10.

-Katerina POV-
"Anada, help me with these plates please?" My mom called from the dining room. The past few hours have been absolute madness. My mother wanted to ensure the party would be perfect for all our guests, which included Alexis' extended family, Anada's mother, as well as some of my mom's friends in the fashion industry.

"Sure, coming," Anada replied lifting the crystal China off the counter and to the dinner area.

"You two should go get ready, guests will be arriving in the next hour," José told Alexis and I, we nodded and raced to our rooms. Knowing me, I'd need the full hour. I went straight to the shower as I needed to remove all the flour from my hair, thanks to a little mishap Alexis and Anada had preparing the cake. Once I finished, I blow dried my hair into sleek waves and began applying my foundation and other makeup. Since tonight my mother would announce the Barcelona office, paparazzi would be here, meaning I needed full coverage. Then I chose a body fitted coral dress, with floral lacey designs. I wore nude point toe heels and left my room. Surprisingly, I only took 45 minutes.

I knocked on Alexis' door, "you ready?! We have to greet the guests," I called.

"Yeah coming now," he opened the door and I saw he was fitted in a grey suit, with a burgundy dress shirt under his jacket. I gave him a nod and a thumbs up as we went downstairs. As Anada was coming up the stairs, she pulled me back up with her, "I need your help!"

"With what?!" I asked following her back up the stairs.

She pulled me into the room and closed the door, "okay so I kind of invited Rafinha tonight, and I need to look super good, like better than I did for the date," she panicked and ran into the closet to find a dress.

I chuckled, "hey, I got it, don't worry, go shower and I'll take care of everything."

Half an hour later she was wearing a red halter dress that reached her knees. She wore black laced up heels. She was just finishing her last curl when there was a knock at the door, "we're almost done Alexis!" I yelled, spraying hairspray into Anada's hair.

"Not Alexis," a familiar voice said back. I walked over to the door and opened it. Rafinha was standing there nervous as ever, "Hey Katerina, uh I was looking for Anada, maybe you know where she is?"

I smiled and nodded, "of course, lover boy, one sec." Behind the door I motioned Anada to hurry up. She finished and looked in the mirror one last time before joining me at the door.

"Anada, you never fail to take my breath away, you look amazing," he complemented making Anada go red instantly. She linked her arm in his and stepped out the room. Before they left, Rafinha turned to me, "oh Katerina, there's someone looking for you downstairs," he winked. I figured Alexis told him to tell me to hurry so after they left, I grabbed my phone and headed down the stairs to meet Alexis at the door, since we had to welcome guests.

"It's about time, I thought you got lost in your closet again," Alexis said.

I laughed and playfully hit his shoulder, "perfection takes time, you wouldn't know," I teased.

The door bell rang and as I opened it, a little boy crashed into my leg. "KATTY," he screamed. I laughed and picked him up, "holá, Theo!" He was Alexis' youngest cousin, and also my favorite of my step-relatives. As soon as we had met, we got along. I'd always been great with kids. I smiled and chatted with Theo's parents before carrying Theo to the kitchen, "Katty! Look, cookies!!!"

I laughed, "do you want one?"

He nodded quickly, his eagerness showing.
"Okay just one, but shhh don't tell anyone, It's our little secret!" I whispered while getting him a cookie.

"And what if I tell?" Someone said behind me. I jumped slightly and turned around, receiving an amused look from Neymar.

"My god, you scared me, what are you doing here?" I asked eying him. He was wearing black dress pants with a white shirt. He left the top 2 buttons unbuttoned. He looked sexy, to be honest.

"Well Rafinha was invited, he asked Anada if I could come along and well, here I am," he smirked walking up to me. So this was who Rafinha was talking about! I made a mental note to kill Anada later, I knew what she was up too, trying to get me to give Neymar a chance.

"Mm, well in that case, welcome. You look very handsome by the way," I winked.

"Not if I stand next to you," he countered, making me blush and look away. He pinched Theo's cheeks, "so who's this little man?"

"My cousin, well Alexis' cousin, Theo," I smiled, I picked Theo up and started kissing his cheeks while he roared in laughter.

"Katty!!!! Te amo!" He giggled.

I gave him a smile and said, "Aw, Te amo tambien!" I looked up and saw Neymar smiling, staring at me, "what?"

He shook his head and smiled, "nothing."
We walked back to the living room and I returned Theo to his mother. Other guests were arriving and I went to open the door, however, the person I saw made me regret that decision immediately.

A/N: Another update since we're still celebrating Neymar's birthday, right? 😉Who do you think it is? Big things coming in the next few chapters! xx