31.

-Katerina POV-
"ANADA," I called loudly from my bed. It was around midday so she should be awake. When she didn't reply, I groaned and hopped out of my bed and went to her room. Her bed was fully made and her gown was laid out in its dress bag with her jewelry on top of it. It wasn't like her to be up before me but I shrugged it off and went to Alexis' room. However, I found his bed fully made with his suit laid out on top too. I was confused since I was the early bird in the family and usually had to wake both of them up.

My stomach growled so I let it go and decided to go quench my hunger. I skipped down stairs and scrolled through a few notifications on my phone. "SURPRISE," Anada and Alexis yelled. A huge scream left my mouth and I fumbled my phone in my hands. They laughed at me because Alexis had recorded my reaction. He was probably going to post it on Instagram. I took in my surroundings. There were brightly colored balloons filling the living room that said 'congratulations' and in the middle of the coffee table was a huge arrangement of chocolate strawberries with a card sticking out. Behind the table, my mom and step father were smiling widely at me.

"Oh my god," I said in awe. "You guys did all this?" I asked.

"Of course, mija," my mom said. "We're all extremely proud of you for your accomplishment. After all you've been through and for you to be so resilient and strong, it gives me so much satisfaction to know that I raised you to be an inspiring young woman," she said.

"Aww, mama," I smiled. I went over to her and hugged her tightly, pressing a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you," I whispered in her ear. I pulled away and hugged José next. "Thanks dad, this means a lot to me," I told him.

"You deserve it, Katerina. It's an honor to be your step father. You and your mother are the strongest women I've ever known," he told me, sincerely. I smiled and thanked him again.

"We're waiting," Anada and Alexis said. I laughed and jumped on them. They hugged me and it felt absolutely wonderful to have my family supporting me.

I took a selfie with all of us together but kept the balloons and chocolate strawberries visible behind us and posted it on Instagram with the caption, 'gracías por la sorpresa que me encanta! Es un día muy especial y estoy supér emocionada! Les amo ❤️❤️❤️' (Thanks for the surprise which I love! It's a very special day and I'm super excited! I love you ❤️❤️❤️). I received hundreds of congratulations from people who commented on my picture and it warmed my heart to know that so many people stood behind me.

We ate brunch together after that and soon my parents left to go get ready for the evening. "The driver will be here at 7 o'clock," José informed before they left.

Anada, Alexis and I killed time in the living room watching Teen Wolf while we waited for our stylist, Paulo, to arrive so we could start getting ready. When it was around 2PM, he finally arrived with the rest of our glam squad.

"Okay ladies, chop chop! We have things to do and time is ticking! Shower! Now!" Paulo clapped as he ordered us upstairs. I grabbed the last chocolate strawberry that I had on my plate and stuffed it into my mouth before rushing upstairs to my bathroom.

Anada and I each finished showering and wrapped our hair in a towel and wore our robes. Our glam squad, Paulo, Patrice, Jane and Raul, had set up all the makeup and hair products they needed in front of the huge wall mirror in Anada's bedroom. We took our seats and let them work their magic. We always had a good time with the four of them because they were hilarious and so kind. We played some music and talked about whatever came up while Patrice did my hair. She blow dried it before she wrapped it delicately in curlers. While they worked, I told Anada about Davi and Rafaella. "Aww Davi sounds like such a cutie! But poor Rafaella, lover boy won't let her date?" She asked.