65.

-Katerina POV-

The black town car halted to a stop in front of the Bank of Barcelona. I paid him to wait for me before Lucas met me at the door at let me in. With the Vanity Fair party still in full swing a few blocks over, I was sure there would be no paparazzi on this side of town. "Buena noche, Ms. Vera," he greeted me with a handshake. I could tell by the way he looked at me in my party dress, he didn't work with many people like me.

"Thank you for seeing me so late," I smiled. Lucas wasn't as young as me but I'm sure there were other places he wanted to be right now than work at 10:30pm.

"It's no problem. I try to be available to my client's whenever it best suits them," he assured me as we walked to his office. His Catalan accent rang thick in his words as he conversed with me in Spanish, telling me he was native to the city. "So," he started as he logged into his computer, "I did everything you asked and set up the account to work with this card." He handed me a basic bank card with my name on it. "Weekly, I'll need you signature to authorize a transfer and the rest, I can finish for you. If you want to change anything, have your assistant contact me and we can make adjustments."

"I want this account to make payments on this lease every month as well," I said, showing him the lease information on my phone. "On November 1, merge this account with my personal and continue payments from that account," I instructed as he jotted down my instructions. "This needs to be entirely confidential and if anyone comes in asking for access to my information, it needs to be passcode protected." I gave him a 7 digit passcode and he made a note of it in my file.

"I left a note in the system to freeze everything if you are inactive for over 7 days like you asked," he added. I gulped at the thought of my final safety precaution and hoped it would never have to be used. I had basically created this rule in the event Damon had tried to temporarily incapacitate me, or worse, permanently. "You'll want to make note of these changes in a will and testament," he advised me. It wasn't something that was legally required for me to but as the heiress of a nearly billion dollar brand, it was smart to ensure I had a trusted beneficiary.

"I have," I nodded. I had met with a notary the day after the UNICEF gala. I remembered the conversation to the last word.

.

"What is he planning," I had asked her, desperate for more information.

"I don't know, Katerina. I really don't. I didn't want nay part in it so he kept it a secret. I only figure he would go for money because well, it's something we've been lacking since we left Santiago," she told me.

"Then I'll move as much as I can," I nodded.

"I think he's got more up his sleeve than you think," she frowned. "You have to be safe, Katerina. He's coming for everything you have."

.

The first thing that came to my mind as she said those words wasn't anything monetary or material--it was my family, our legacy.

The day after the gala, I added a clause in my will that would pass everything to Anada if anything happened to me. Cars, homes, bonds, and my shares in the company. She had no idea how much I trusted her--how much I owed her for saving me from Damon. If anything happened to me, this was the only way I knew to protect my family and everything we worked for. My throat felt dry as I thought of the very real possibility that Damon could hurt me and Anada would find out when the executor handed her my possessions.

"Ms. Vera?" Lucas asked, looking at me cautiously.

I cleared my throat and nodded, "I apologize." I reached for the pen in his hand and signed the forms next to the stickers he placed after glancing over them with caution.