35.

-Katerina POV-
"Katerina, let's go outside and play!" I heard Anada squeak.

"Okay!" I said back. I went down the hall to my mother's room but found her asleep, since she was probably tired from her early shift at work. I ran to the living room where he was sitting watching the football match, Chile vs Italy, with a beer in his hand. It was the first game for my country of the group stage in the 1998 FIFA World Cup and the whole country was wild with excitement. "Papa, puedo jugar con Anada afuera?" (Dad, can I play with Anada outside?) I asked in a hopeful voice.

He looked down at me and scooped me onto his lap. "Aw, hija. Why don't you spend time with me anymore?" He asked.

"Papa," I whined. "I always spend time with you!" I smiled widely with my dimples showing.

"Okay, since it's almost your birthday, I guess you can go out," he slurred toward the end. "I can't believe you're turning 4 already, Katerina," he stroked my hair and gave my forehead a kiss.

"I'm not that old, papa!" I giggled.

"I know, but sooner or later you will be a grown woman. Time flies that way, hija. Just tell me one thing," he said, taking a swig of his beer. I nodded quickly because I was eager to go with Anada outside. "Will you still love me when you're all grown up?" He questioned. I furrowed my little eyebrows at his silly question but he looked at me seriously for an answer. "Of course I will, papa," I smiled a childish smile.

He looked relieved and smiled a toothy smile. "Good, just remember that when you're all grown up and beautiful," he rubbed my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

"Kat, wake up! You're squeezing my arm!" I heard beside me.

I opened my eyes and saw Anada's brown eyes staring right back at me. I looked down to her arm and saw that I was practically squeezing the life out of it. I immediately let go and she rubbed it soothingly. "Sorry, I didn't realize," I mumbled absently.

"It's alright. Are you okay? You look a little out of it," she observed.

I felt a dull pain in my head and quickly forgot about my dream. "Yeah, my head hurts," I pouted. She reached beside her and grabbed a bottle of aspirin. She popped it open and gave me two. I sat up slowly and got water from her to swallow them. "Thanks," I said.

"No problem. You should try to feel better by tonight, you don't want to miss the match," she said. I knew she was right because it would not be fun if I went to Camp Nou with a bad headache. The fans cheering would make my head explode!

"Let's just watch a movie or something. I don't want to get out of bed," I suggested. She chuckled and got up to get her laptop so we could watch something on Netflix.

While she was browsing through the endless options we had, I checked my phone. I had 2 messages from Neymar. The first one was from last night and it read, 'Glad you had fun baby, see you tomorrow ❤️.' I smiled and read the second. 'Rafaella will meet you in the tunnel with Davi. I can't wait to see how hot you look in my jersey ;).'

I smirked at that one and began typing my reply. 'Your eyes better be on the goal and not me, Mr. Santos,' I replied.

I received a text back within a minute. 'You are my goal, Ms. Vera,' he replied.

I shook my head at his cheesiness. 'Smooth but too cheesy, points for effort though,' I texted.

'I think I know a few ways to redeem myself ;),' he replied.

"Can I start the movie or are you going to continue kissing him through the phone," Anada asked. "I swear you two are joined at the hip!" She exclaimed.