72.

-Katerina POV-

As I left Neymar's house, I felt like my legs could give out at any minute. I felt like the world was spinning around me and a wave of panic hit me as soon as I got into the car. I erupted in a sobbing fit and covered my face with my hands. All I could see behind my eyelids was the pain in his eyes when I told him to let me go. All of the time I spent as I had waited for him to come home, practicing what I would say, flew out the window as soon as he looked at me with those irresistible eyes. And yet, I had broken his heart and my own in one fell swoop. I felt like I had lost a part of myself, a vital organ that fueled my life. The pain in my chest only intensified as I couldn't even control my own breathing.

I placed both of my hands on the steering wheel in front of me and counted to ten aloud. As I counted, my vision steadied enough for me to turn on the car and wipe the tears off my face. My hands still trembled as I shifted the gear to drive and drive back to Damon's apartment. The fear of him releasing his video made my entire body run cold and I couldn't waste any time getting back to his place. I didn't want him to have any reason to release the footage.

I thought not only about my career but Oscar's too. He was only just beginning his medical career and his father was such a well respected doctor. If this went public, his reputation would be ruined and there would be no one to blame but myself. I couldn't have that on my conscience. Oscar didn't deserve that.

I parked in front of Damon's apartment and cut the engine. Even though it was dark, I could see him waiting for me in the doorway. I couldn't make out his face but I'm sure he was smiling ear to ear at the fact he knew since I was back, the deed was done. I exited the car and walked as steadily as I could to the door. "Aw, what's wrong, Rina?" he smirked at my tear stained face.

"Fuck you," I croaked, wiping my face with the back of my hand.

"More like fuck Oscar, am I right? Too soon?" he said sarcastically, finding pleasure in my torture.

"I did what you wanted. Delete the video," I demanded as he led me to the living room.

"I'll hold onto it, for the memories," he shook his head. "But we will be tipping the press on a different scandal," he smirked.

I stood motionless and I knew I couldn't take another curveball from him. He looked amused at my helplessness and explained. "You're going to anonymously tip the media about your happily never after."

I shook my head immediately. "Damon, I can't. It's fashion week. I can't have this in the news. We have events, obligations," I begged.

"Then consider this my zugzwang move," he smiled, unsympathetically. "If you really don't want to, I can send them a copy of the video," he shrugged after a few seconds of silence.

"No," I exclaimed. I closed my eyes and prayed for some saving grace to come to mind but nothing did. "Okay, I'll do it," I croaked out hoarsely.

I typed up an email and sent it from a dummy account and showed him the proof on my phone. He dismissed me like a slave and told me he was done with me for the night and allowed me to leave. I sat in my car and leaned my head back against the leather seat.

I knew that by now the headline was already in circulation and Neymar would see it and feel the pain of it all over again. The thought of it brought new tears to my eyes. I was so exhausted from the day I just wanted to get home but I quickly realized my home was no longer my home. I drove to Alexis' house instead since I still had keys to his place and I didn't want to face my mother after what I had just done.

By the time I got there, it was already 11 so I snuck up the stairs and carefully closed my bedroom door, locking it securely. I took in the sight of my bedroom as I had left it the day after Neymar asked me to move in with him. I had been so giddy the whole day as Anada helped me move. I remembered her making me promise to spend time with her and I know it had been one of the hardest promises to keep lately.