36.*

-Katerina POV-
Finally, after 3 business trips to London, Paris and Rome, José had returned to Barcelona. He was a very well credited businessman in Europe after he had done just the same as my mom and moved his firm from Santiago to Europe, London to be specific. The two of them had met in London during fashion week two years ago when he had been a business sponsor for the Marc Jacobs' runway show and hit it off from there. It was a cute story if you ignored how many other husbands she met at fashion week years before.

I shook my head at that. I loved my mother more than anyone in this world but she had this way of finding men very disposable and I didn't really approve of it. It had triggered many fights between us when I was growing up and I hated fighting with her. She was my role model. She had suffered abuse from Sergio for so long and I, as an oblivious child, didn't even notice it. She raised me on her own and always taught me to be independent. She always said that a Vera needs no man to depend on. Yet, I had always found that somewhat hypocritical until the day of her wedding to José. She didn't depend on him alone, they supported each other. The look in her eyes showed how much she loved him and that was enough for me to be happy for her.

"Baby, are you ready? You look nervous," Neymar chuckled bringing my attention back to the present.

I shook my head. "No, I'm not nervous. Are you nervous?" I asked as I got up from his bed and straightened his tie.

He put his arms around my waist kissed my forehead. "No, not at all," he boasted earning an eye roll from me. He chuckled at me. "I want your parents to like me, to like us together," he admitted.

"There's nothing they wouldn't like. You have nothing to worry about. Plus, you already know my mom is obsessed with you," I reassured him before I put my hands on either side of his face to kiss him. He kissed me back and tightened his arms around me, lifting me up so he could kiss me better. His warm lips made me feel butterflies in my stomach.

I pulled away and he rested his forehead on mine. "We have to go," he sighed. I giggled at his baby pout and pecked his lips once more. I slipped my feet into my heels and then we were on our way to my parents home.

José answered the door for us with my mom by his side. "Buenas noches," my mom greeted us. She hugged me and I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Then she gave Neymar a big hug and a kiss on both of his cheeks. "Good evening, Mrs. Sanchez," he said.

"That makes me sound so old. Please, call me Marina," my mom smiled. I rolled my eyes at her as Neymar nodded with a chuckle.

I gave José a hug before he held out his hand for Neymar to shake. "I saw your last match. Congratulations on the goal," he told him.

"Thank you, Mr. Sanchez," he said politely.

"It's José," my dad corrected him. Neymar nodded with a smile and my mom told us to follow her to the dining room.

"Look at that, I'm on first name basis," Neymar nudged me with a cocky smirk. I groaned and hit his arm which made him laugh.

We sat around the dining room which my mother had packed with food. She claimed that she wasn't sure what Neymar would like but I wasn't complaining because I saw a few of my favorites on the table. My mom described what each dish was to him since they were mostly Chilean specialties like empanadas and carbonara. We all dug in after that and chatted about our days.

"How were your business trips, dad," I asked as I took a sip of my water.

"Businessy," he laughed. "They all went well but I'm glad to be back home with my wife," he said, giving my mom a loving gaze. I smiled at them but she was still my mother and deep down I wanted to gag. "Enough about me though. Neymar, tell us about yourself," he said.