42.

-Katerina POV-
I woke up to an empty bed this morning because Neymar had already left for training. My mom had given Anada and I another task for the rest of the week so I didn't need to wake up early. Rafinha had been over when I returned home last night so I took an early night to bed and let him and Neymar enjoy themselves. I had a much needed restful night of sleep without waking up in the middle of the night and I felt much more refreshed than I did yesterday.

I didn't rush to get ready because no one was here to see my arm. I stripped naked in the bathroom and turned on the shower. I examined the spot carefully in the mirror. The bruise was yellowish in color now which meant it would be healed soon but it was still a noticeable blemish. I stepped into the shower as I remember the extremely close call with him seeing it when I was trying to take a shower yesterday and that made me nervous. I had been incredibly evasive to him yesterday and I felt bad for doing it. I hadn't been in the best of moods considering I had woken up at 3 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep but I didn't want to tell him that since it was technically the first real night I spent here officially living with him. How would he have felt if I said I slept horribly? It wasn't his fault but he would've blamed himself and I didn't want that. In reality, it was my own fault. My own demons haunted me at night, when I was alone with all the thoughts I tried so desperately not to think about.

I stepped out of the shower and dried my skin before putting on my satin robe. I went through my wardrobe and chose a scoop neck white shirt with long sleeves, which was long enough to reach my mid thigh. I wore a pair of distressed high waisted shorts and tucked my top into the front. I wore my hair natural and skipped makeup today. I chose to wear coral colored sandal heels by Aquazzura as well as my gray suede Cèline bag to complete my outfit.

I transferred all of my necessities into my handbag and headed out the front door to go pick up Anada. 'I'm outside,' I texted her when I parked in front of Alexis' house.

5 minutes later, I saw her out of the corner of my eye as she opened the passenger door and got in. "You look extra good today," I complimented as I admired her outfit. She wore a baby pink strapless romper with a long floral print kimono and a pair of strapped nude Prada heels. Her straight hair was done in a half up, half down style and her makeup was perfect as always.

"Thanks, babe!" She smiled brightly at me. "You look cute today! You're shoe game is always better than mine," she pouted as I turned onto the road.

"I guess you have to.. step it up then," I smirked as I looked over at her.

She face palmed herself which made me start laughing. "You're so corny," she groaned but ended up laughing right along with me.

We decided to make a quick stop for breakfast. We ate at a small café near the beach and chatted for a bit, enjoying some tea. Our chill morning was quickly interrupted by tons of paparazzi swarming the café. We waved to a few just to give them what they wanted so we could pass through to walk. Out of no where, one of the men reached out and grabbed my arm roughly, directly on my bruise. Before I could even process it, a scream left my lips. "Quitale! Don't touch her," Anada started screaming at them. The man let me go and backed off without a word, thankfully. The rest of the paps didn't miss a beat and the flashes blinded us as they bombarded us with questions. 'Katerina, are you going to press charges?!' 'What is Neymar going to say about this?' That one caught my attention but I didn't saw a word. The whole altercation was caught on camera so there was no way of hiding it now. I focused on getting into the car and getting far away from them.

I parked in front of the fountain that was in the middle of the circular driveway at my parents mansion. We were here to await my mom's shipments like I'd promised her I would. I turned off the engine and we exited the car. "Katty, are you sure you're okay?" Anada asked for the billionth time as she looked at me worriedly.