88.

-Katerina POV-

The music resumed and everyone went back to enjoying the festivities but I was frozen. When Anada realized I was stuck, she came in front of me to look at me. "Katerina, I know you may not have thought Damon was capable of something like this and I know it sounds crazy but I think he was the anonymous tip that got Sergio cau-"

"I knew," I breathed out.

"W-what?" she stuttered.

"I knew he turned in our father. He did it to get back at me," I said more clearly.

"Get back at you? For what, Kat?" she asked.

"He was going after Isabella. He was mad at her for keeping you in the dark about him being your father. It was the reason I kept you from coming home. I paid Damon to get Isabella here, away from him. I just- I didn't know he would-" I nearly choked on my words and braced myself on the bar.

She looked shocked to say the least and her lips parted slightly as she listened to me. I could almost see the gears turning in her head and she recalled everything. Her expression went from shock to devastation and then to something I didn't expect. "You knew why my mom wasn't talking to me and you didn't tell me?" she mumbled slowly.

"I didn't know everything, I only knew what he was telling me and he only told me the full truth at the hotel. The hotel he forced me to stay in with him," I tried to explain.

She blew out a heavy breath and ran her hands through her hair, only it got tangled in her mask string which only irritated her more. "Look, I don't care what he made you do. You promised me you wouldn't keep anything from me anymore, not about him," she said with a very accusing finger point.

"Anada, I was protecting you," I defended myself.

"By lying to me," she retorted angrily. Her nostrils flared and I shook my head. "I could've helped you, Kat. We all could've helped you but here we are," she scoffed, " And dad's dead because of it? That's just as much your fault as it is Damon's and now what? You just keep pushing me away. I just don't get it, Katerina."

The dagger she forced into my chest twisted as she walked away without a second thought. I didn't follow her. I knew nothing I could say right now could fix this. Nothing I could say right now could fix anything. I mean, not that I even knew what to say because I didn't even know what was going on. This whole time I was doing everything to protect the wrong thing. Damon wasn't after my money, he was after his own, and he used me and my father to get it, and what made it worse? He was having an affair with my assistant the entire time. I felt the alcohol I'd drank rushing to my head and dizziness ensued.

"Careful," Damon said, slipping his arm around my waist.

I snapped out of my wooziness and practically repelled his touch. "Oyeme bien, alejate de mi," (Listen to me clearly, stay away from me) I snapped and shoved him. I didn't care who heard me and he put his hands up and stepped back as people looked our way. I was done keeping up appearances. It had cost me enough. "Back off, Damon. I know what you did," I said firmly.

He chuckled awkwardly as to make me seem crazy as usual. I could feel the eyes of nearby guests on us. I scoffed and walked away. He could clean up his own mess. I didn't care where I was going I just needed to be alone. Fortunately, the music was loud enough to drown out my outburst beyond those who were standing nearby. Unfortunately, the direction I was walking was straight toward Oscar. He eyed me inquisitively but I shook my head and tried to walk past him.

"Rina, wait," Oscar stopped me and grabbed my hand. "What's wrong?"

"Oscar, I can't- I just can't right now," I shook my head and tried to free my hand.