A Friend in Need

Sequel to 'Forgotten Friend'

Po was sitting down at the table with a smile on his face and as cheerful as ever. He was with Master Crane and Tigress as he was enjoying breakfast. He finally finished his food. "Ahh, so what do we have on the agenda?" Po asked.

"Nothing much, Master Shifu gave us the day off," Crane replied. Just then, their teacher came in. He could see Po's smiling face.

"Po, are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"I'm great why?"

"Well, with what happened with Mai-" Po waved his hand off, showing it didn't bother him... much.

"She's fine and healthy. That's what I heard from her. It's fine with me," He said gruffly as he sipped his juice. Shifu stroked his beard for a while then left the kitchen. Crane and Tigress were interested. Last they heard of Mai, Po's friend who had lost all contact with him, she wasn't talking to him. It seemed weird to them that Po was seemingly brushing it off as another annoyance.

"What happened with Mai?" Crane asked. Po rolled his eyes a bit and sighed.

"Well, in the middle of the night, Zeng came with an urgent message from Mai. Apparently, she had been with a boyfriend but the relationship got ugly. He had turned out aggressive and obsessive, which was why I didn't get anything from her. Anyway, she ran off from home and wanted to stay at my father's shop. I knew I needed someone more experienced for this. I woke up Shifu, which was a bad experience for my nose, and explained the whole thing to him. I was so deep in panic for Mai that I didn't notice the holes in her story. Mai has a reckless tendency, and I knew how bad boyfriend relationships could go out. I didn't want her going to the shop while I was here or away on a mission. That would endanger my dad if the crazy boyfriend came there and I couldn't have that. So with Master Shifu's help, we were able to talk about letting her stay at an inn. I went down there to get the full story. This was one of the guys I told her not to date, but she did anyway. About after three days of staying, she went back home. She said the sister of the guy had messaged her saying that he was going crazy and how it was her fault and everything."

"Whoa," Crane said.

"Anyways, when she finally went back, the whole situation cleared up. Everything seemed like it was back to normal," Po replied plainly.

"So you guys are still talking to each other?" Tigress asked. Po shook his head with an extremely annoyed face. "Why not?"

"I sent her a message one time after the whole situation and the same thing happened again. I think she went back to the guy. Ah well, she never listened," Po muttered, sipping his juice again.

"It sounds like you're angry at her," Crane noticed. Po rolled his eyes.

"I'm not angry at her. I'm just a little... annoyed at the fact that she didn't listen to me, her recklessness almost endangered my dad, and after all of that, she's gone back to her 'no talking' thing," Po barked. He could see the two's surprised faces. He calmed down a bit. "I mean, we're still friends, and I explained to her why I worried so much. She told me I was one of the best friends she ever had. But after that whole reckless mess, I'm distancing myself from her. I don't need this drama."

"Po, don't you think that's mean?"

"What would you do, Crane?" Po remarked. Crane thought about it and then fell silent. "But why is it that Master Shifu is constantly asking me about her?"

"Because you're not the kind of guy to give up on people," Tigress explained.

"She... and I... are still friends. I just KNOW that after this whole mess, I'm only going to hear from her when she needs me. And like the 'good friend,' I am, I'll be there in her time of need," Po grumbled.

"You're still mad," Tigress said. Po finally gritted his teeth and threw his hands up in the air.

"Okay, yes, I'm a little ticked off that her recklessness caused this whole thing. So what?" Po asked.

"So, get over it," Tigress replied. Po looked at Tigress. "She's young. She wasn't thinking. What do you expect? If I remember correctly, you were-"

"Are," Crane corrected. Tigress and Po glared at him. "I'll shut up now."

"You were like her sometimes," Tigress said. Po sighed.

"You're right. I should just let it go," Po finally said.

"Good, it's the best thing to do," Crane replied. Po smiled.

"Thanks, guys for hearing me out. I really needed it. I shouldn't have harbored those frustrations towards her. So what do I do?" Po asked.

"You do nothing. You just worry about what you're doing at the Jade Palace and when she needs a friend, she knows who to contact," Tigress said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Po mumbled. Tigress sat up.

"Now, it's time for us to get to our class. Isn't that right, Master Po?" Tigress smirked. Po groaned.

"But I didn't finish eating," Po whined. Crane chuckled as Tigress urged him up out of his chair.

"Well, you need a friend to help you teach other people Kung Fu," Tigress replied.

"Okay, okay," Po sighed. "And again, thanks, guys."

The End