A Broken Leg

"I'm fine, guys," Po protested. The Furious Five were taking care of Po because of his broken leg. They brought him all the things he needed.

"Nevertheless, Po. We must make sure that you do not injure yourself more," Shifu said. "Bring him some more medicine."

"No, no, I'm fine," Po said, really not wanting to take the medicine. "Just please let me rest," Po muttered as he laid his head on the bed. The others left Po to his misery. "Great," He muttered with great annoyance.

Throughout the entire day, Po was visited by the Furious Five and Master Shifu frequently. Viper came in to read Po a story.

"And the happy little chipmunk and the snake became best friends even though the snake tried to bite him. The End," Viper finished. Po's face was filled with horror untold.

"Um... that was... very interesting, Viper. Um... where did you get that story?"

"Oh, my mother taught it to me when I was little."

"Uh-huh, and what was the moral of the story?"

"Don't bite your friends," Viper said cheerfully. Po was still shocked.

"You had to be told that story?" Po asked. Then Viper became a little sad.

"Well, I heard it from my mother, but she never actually intended it for me because I didn't have fangs. And I didn't have many friends when I was growing up so my mom and I were very close," Viper explained. Po felt sad for her.

"I'm so sorry, Viper," Po replied. Viper gave her signature smile.

"It's okay, Po. I've gotten over it," Viper assured.

"Are you sure," Po asked, questioning how the snake seemed so happy. When Po asked that, Viper's face seemed to fall a bit.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"You don't seem so," Po noticed. Viper looked away.

"I... I still battle with it from time to time. It's in the past, though," Viper said less confidently.

"Past wounds can be fatal in the future, Viper," Po said compassionately and wisely. "You don't have to pretend like the world doesn't hurt you. You have us," Po smiled. Viper smiled back as she slithered around Po's neck.

"Thank you, Po."

"Viper, air!" The panda wheezed.

"Oops! Sorry," Viper apologized.

The next person to visit Po was Crane. "Here's your food, Po. I got it from your father," Crane announced. Po enthusiastically sat up on his bed and ate all the food in one go. But there was something weird about the food.

"This tastes interesting. It's not bad, but it's different. What did my dad say this was?" Po asked.

"It's his ordinary dumpling soup, but in order for you to take the medicine, I put some of it in there. It shouldn't taste that bad," Crane urged.

"Actually, it tastes awesome. More please," Po said, holding an empty bowl. Crane shook his head.

"How are you able to eat this much?"

"Simple, I have a big stomach," Po replied.

"I wouldn't be able to fly if I ate as much as you do," Crane commented.

"Oh, you could. I have seen birds that are heavier than you. You're pretty light for a crane," Po replied.

"How would you know? Wait, how do you know so much about birds?" Crane asked.