A Writer's Lament

"Maybe they'll understand your lament," Demi smirked. Oh, how I wish I could permanently smack that smirk off of his face.

******************************

"NOOOOO!" Zan cried out. Tigress sighed as she finished putting the dishes in the washer.

"Your son is calling you," Tigress said to her husband. Po chuckled a bit.

"I thought he was our son," Po smirked.

"Yes, but when I'm doing housework he's your son," Tigress reiterated. Po rolled his eyes with a smile as his duck son came downstairs with an emotionless face.

"Hey, Zan, what's wrong?" Po asked, rolling off the couch and walking up to his adopted son.

"Nothing, dad. It's just... I can't wait until I can read Spanish," Zan replied, eagerly. Tigress sighed.

"Still can't read your friends' replies, can you?" Tigress said knowingly. Zan gave a great huff.

"No," He said in dismay.

"What's so important about it?" Po asked. Zan looked nervously around.

"You might as well tell him now, sweetheart," Tigress said, still having her back turned towards them.

"Tell me what?" Po asked.

"Well, you see. I write these... stories and I post them online. People read them and see if they're good or not," Zan replied. "In other words, I write fan fiction." Po's eyes widened. He looked at his wife.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Po asked, upset.

"He made me keep a promise, honey," She replied with a cute pout. Po still glared at her.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I knew you wouldn't like it," Zan sighed.

"Not like it? I'm just upset you didn't tell me," Po replied.

"What?"

"Zan, you're old enough for me not to constantly watch your back. Your mother is a different story."

"Po," Tigress said warningly.

"Love you, honey," Po quickly replied. "So what's the problem, Zan?"

"One of my friends seemingly likes my work very much and comments like crazy on it," Zan explained.

"Okay, I don't see the problem in here," Po stated.

"He writes to me completely in Spanish," Zan muttered. "And I can't tell if I'm getting better or worse in his opinion. And his opinion matters to me because he comments the most about my work. That and I'm starting to attract more and more people who only write in Spanish."

"Foogle Translate," Po suggested.

"Spanish is the same as English in that department. None of us use English in the formal or grammatically normal form and there are new words being added each day for different things. The same is for Spanish. Formal Spanish Foogle can translate, but no kid or normal adult is going to write in a formal language unless it's for a business."

"So the words don't come out right," Po guessed. Zan nodded as he sighed.

"It's a lot easier to read Spanish and get some idea of what they're saying. But I haven't gotten to that place yet. I'm still on Nora the Explorer," Zan groaned. Po chuckled.

"Well, just be patient. You'll be able to learn Spanish soon enough. Why don't you get that friend of yours to help?" Po asked. Zan nervously scratched the back of his head.

"Zoe isn't... really that much of a help," Zan replied.

"Why not? She's a student that comes straight from a Hispanic background and she speaks it fluently enough to help your mother translate for her papers," Po said.

"Well-"

"Zan has a crush on her," Tigress simply said.

"MOM!"

"I'm sorry I wasn't supposed to say that," Tigress faked an apology. Zan groaned.

"Well, that would definitely mess with things," Po smiled.

"So... yeah," Zan muttered.

"Well, I could teach some early," Po suggested. Both Tigress and Zan looked at Po with widened eyes.

"You can?" They both asked.

"Why are you surprised, dear?" Po asked with a smirk.

"I've never once heard you say anything in Spanish and we've been together for five years," Tigress replied.

"Estoy lleno de sorpresas," Po replied.

"What?" Zan asked.

"'I'm full of surprises'," Po smiled. "Come on, being a construction manager, I have to know what my workers are saying."

"How come you've never mentioned this?" Tigress asked.

"I try to separate my work from my home," Po answered, casually walking over to Tigress. She still felt a little shocked about it and a bit betrayed, but she held her smirk.

"And here I thought we knew each other," Tigress sighed. Po only smiled as he kissed her on the lips.

"That's what 'till death do we part' means," Po smirked, "We get to know each other better each day."

"Excuse me. A kid in writing dilemma. Can we keep the romance down to a minimum," Zan asked. Po and Tigress rolled their eyes.

"That's your son," Po said.

"'Our son,'" Tigress playfully smirked.

"I have weird parents," Zan sighed. Suddenly, he was squished between the two in a hug.

"You love us," They smiled. Zan couldn't help but laugh.

The End.