Back Pain

In response to the "Breaking Up" comments, aren't I a devil? ;)

It was crippling him. Right, next to his shoulder blade and it seemed to radiate down his spine. Usually, Po would brush it off as just something little. But this little pain grew into something that made it painful to do anything. The weirdest part was that he had no idea how he hurt that muscle. Then again, working with Master Shifu and the others would strain muscles you didn't even know you had. Po limped to his bed and rested on the mat. He laid down on his back. Now came the hard part. Relaxing his back. Slowly, he un-tensed the muscles. Po quickly grabbed his pillow and screamed into it. It really did hurt, but he didn't want the others to know about it. He had seen them go through some tense pain and they seemed fine. He couldn't let a little back pain put him down. Maybe he was just soft, he thought. He was, after all, a panda and wasn't used to these things. But you would think after several years that a person would get used to it. That simply wasn't the case.

There was also another reason why Po didn't want to alarm the others. They would most likely send him to Mantis' care. That terrified Po. The last time Mantis did any kind of medical work on him, he nearly died. He was not going to let Mantis do anything with him. So he had to just suffer in silence. Po moved his back around a bit. There were little bumps in the floor to provide some kind of massaging relief for Po. It seemed to do the trick. Just then, Crane came into the room. "There's a group of bandits robbing the farmers," The bird said. Po grunted as he got back up. This would be very difficult. Po would have to be very precise in order to pull this off. Anything that he did wrong would leave him in crippling pain again. So he did. For the majority of the fight, Po stayed in one place. He taunted bandits to come to him and they would simply be flipped over or sat on. With the Furious Five's help, he was able to be standing after the fight.

"That's all of them," Monkey said dusting his hands.

"Great job guys. I couldn't have done this at all without you," Po said gratefully. He meant that from the bottom of his heart. The pain in his back really prevented him from moving a great deal, and he wouldn't have been able to fight all of them.

"Oh come on, you're the Dragon Warrior. You've taken down bandits more numerous than this," Monkey commented as they headed up the Jade Palace mountain.

"Not now," Po muttered to himself. He made it back to his bed. It was beginning to become dark and everyone was retiring for the night. Po dropped into his bed and slept hoping that the pain would go away tomorrow. When tomorrow came, Po found he couldn't really move around that much. He finally managed to sit up in the bed. Just then, Tigress came into his room.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Good morning to you too, Tigress," Po joked.

"I heard you grunting a lot last night. It sounded like you were in pain," Tigress mentioned.

"Yeah, it's just a little sore muscle. I'll be fine," Po said about to get up. Tigress gently pushed him back down.

"Rest. By the amount of noise you made last night, you must be in real pain," Tigress said.

"I'm sure it will be-" Before he could finish, the crippling pain radiated through him. He grabbed his pillow and screamed into it. He finally collapsed on his back and panted. "Okay. Maybe I'm in a little (grunt) a lot of pain."

"Where is it?"

"My back. It was just behind my shoulder blade but now it's practically everywhere in my back," Po groaned. "It hurts a lot."

"'Shen's cannon' hurt or 'being slammed into the ground' hurt?" Tigress asked.

"Somewhat of both," Po grunted as he finally let his back relax. "Oh my goodness." Tigress looked at Po for a while then sighed.