Ask the Bird

Po was sipping a new concoction he had made in the kitchen. It was a delicious mix of mango, peach, and dragon fruit juice. He gave some to his friend across the table. The friend took his winged hand and sipped some of the liquid. Smacking his long beak, Crane examined the taste. His brows rose as a sign of a job well done to Po. Po smiled and downed the drink in one. Crane just chuckled as he, unlike Po, slowly drank all the mix. "Another fine experiment you made Po," Crane openly said.

"Of course, was there any doubt," Po asked.

"Well, with a history like yours, it does involve a lot of trial and error," Crane said, putting the cup down. Po's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He sat upright, for he had been slouching a bit, and looked around. He stared at the entryway a bit. Crane was about to question his actions when Po asked him.

"Where is Viper?"

"She's down in the village with Monkey and Mantis getting something for the upcoming festival. She says that Monkey's outfit needs something... different," Crane replied.

"Master Shifu?"

"Last I saw him, he was actually in a game with your father."

"Tigress?" Crane looked at him was a 'come on' look.

"You should know by now where she is," Crane replied.

"Yeah, plus I can actually hear her practicing," Po said, hearing the faint punches and kicks from the far off Training Hall. "It's just so quiet without the others being around me, Master Shifu is not pressuring me to do something, and Tigress is not scaring me."

"She scares you," Crane asked with bewilderment in his voice. "I thought you would have gotten used to her by now."

"Not in the way you're thinking. I mean she always seems to sneak up on me when I'm doing something," Po explained. He stood up and looked outside the doorway just in case she was there. Crane shook his head with a smile.

"Well, she's just very quiet. You should have seen her before you came. She would be so quiet I would hardly think she was there."

"Yeah, but I guess it's comforting," Po said.

"How so," Crane asked, sipping the juice again.

"Because it kind of gives me peace knowing that I have someone that has my back," Po replied.

"Yeah, Tigress does have that way of protecting her teammates," Crane smiled. Po sat back in his chair. Unfortunately, Po waited until Crane was drinking his juice to ask the next question.

"Have you and Tigress ever dated?" Crane coughed up the liquid and nearly choked on it.

"What?!" He asked, still coughing.

"Have you and Tigress ever dated?"

"No," Crane said. "Why?"

"Just curious," Po shrugged.

"Po, you're never curious unless it's for a reason. Now tell me, why did you ask that question?"

"Well, you and Tigress have a lot of similarities," Po said.

"Oh yeah," Crane said, not believing Po one bit. "Like what?"

"Well, both of you are seen as mature and act older than the others. You and her talk a lot behind my back," Po said.

"We do not," Crane protested.

"I may talk a lot, Crane, but I still have these things. And they are very sensitive," Po replied, pointing to his ears. Crane sighed in defeat.

"Okay, we're sorry for doing that."

"Hey, it's okay. But you took care of her when she was sick and I've seen you and her spar very well. I've seen you explain to her things about...normal life and she helps you train."

"She helps everyone train," Crane replied. "Even you."

"No, she likes using training as an excuse to punch me," Po remarked. Crane laughed.

"Well, you're right that I do seem to know Tigress, and I can tell you that she doesn't mean to be...that aggressive with you."

"I'll need that in writing," Po joked smiling. Crane shook his head.

"But even though I have been with Tigress for a while, I've always seen her as a friend or big sister. There's never been anything between us," Crane calmly said. Then a question flew into his brain. "Let me ask you this," Crane said as he drank the last bit of juice. "What do you see Tigress as?" Po was silent for a while.

"Well, I see Tigress as a wonderful person. She's strong, persistent, brave, confident, courageous. Though she doesn't show it sometimes, I know she's kind and caring. Sure she has some tendencies to get angry really quickly, but I can get around that. She's smart, kind, brave, confident, beautiful, gorgeous, sometimes playful, witty, honest, amazing. She's just...Tigress," Po said in a daydream. His blush was very apparent. He snapped back to reality when he heard Crane's laughter. Crane stood up and smiled.

"Well then, I don't think I should be the one to ask Tigress on a date," He smirked. "Thanks for the drink Po." The bird walked out the door. Po looked at the table thinking about what Crane said. Just as he heard the barrack door close, he saw Tigress in the kitchen doorway.

"Is there a reason why Crane has one of the biggest smiles on his face," Tigress asked. Po grumbled under his breath.

"No," He growled out. Tigress noticed this.

"And is there a reason why you're in a bad mood," Tigress said.

"It's nothing. Just something Crane said," Po said absentmindedly.

"What?"

"Nothing, forget I mentioned it," Po sighed. "So... how was your workout?"

"Challenging as always," Tigress replied, getting something to eat. When she sat down to eat, she could see Po's nervous and shy face. "Is there something wrong, Po?"

"Ahhh," Po wanted to say it but he couldn't muster up the courage. "Nothing, I just wanted someone to talk to," Po answered getting up.

"Wait," Tigress said, stopping Po. "I'm someone."

"Yeah, but I didn't want to bother you so-"

"I'm used to your bothering. Sit down and let's talk," Tigress smirked. Po showed his genuine happy smile as he sat back down in his chair. Tigress sniffed around.

"What's that smell?" Po sniffed around. He recognized it.

"Oh, that's the smell of my new juice mix," Po said. Tigress offered her cup to him.

"Can you make some for me?" She asked. Po smiled.

"Sure."

The End