Polar Opposites

Po was sitting down in the kitchen. The rest of the Furious Five were out on a mission; he didn't know what. All he knew was that he was alone for the most part. "Hey, Po," Tigress said, as she came into the kitchen. Po's eyes lit up as she came into the room.

"Hey, Tigress," He said, in his usual cheerful voice. "Do you want to go into the village and have some fun?" Po was really bored. Being in the Jade Palace had its perks, but it didn't really make it as exciting without the people who lived there to be there. Since Tigress was the only one left, he decided to take this opportunity to get to know her better. Tigress looked at the panda. She knew what he was doing, trying to socialize a bit. Tigress shook her head and replied,

"No, I have to train for today. Sorry," She said, emotionlessly. Tigress could see his ears dip a bit, but Po still held his smile.

"That's okay, maybe next time?" Po asked. Tigress smiled just a bit.

"Maybe next time," She said leaving the kitchen. Po sighed and frowned.

"Maybe never," He muttered under his breath. What was it about him and Tigress that seemed to against each other? Granted they had become good friends, Po couldn't help but feel like something was purposely pushing them apart. Like something was preventing them from being closer. Was it Tigress? "No," Po said to himself, "She would never do that on purpose." She had done just that when Po first came here, but she was way past that. Maybe it was just their characteristics. Maybe they were polar opposites.

"Hmmm," Po thought to himself, "Opposite." He quickly got up and ran to his room to get a piece of paper. He began to write some differences between Tigress and himself. "Let's see. I'm young, she's..." Po couldn't say she was old. Based on the time she and the others defeated Boar, he guessed she was about his age though that was hard for Po to believe. She was very mature. "AH!" Po exclaimed, "She's mature, I'm not." He wrote that down. "She doesn't eat that much, I-" He stopped. Eating wasn't a characteristic. Though their eating habits were extremely different, that didn't mean they were different. Po thought about it. "Oh, I'm greedy she's-" Wrong again. Both of them weren't greedy, but there was a word that Po wanted to use. She didn't come down the mountain that much unless it was for Po's sake or an emergency. Po came down all the time to socialize and to do other stuff. "She's antisocial, I'm not." That was probably a more accurate description. "She's confident, I'm nervous. She doesn't make that many mistakes, I'm... I make a lot of mistakes."

He wanted to say he WAS a mistake. That's why he hesitated. "She's serious, I'm a joker. She's amazing, I'm-" Po stopped again. If he was going to list accurately all of their differences, he would have to leave his insecurities out of it. Po put an X through that line. "Reserved, I'm out-going. Quiet, I'm a chatterbox. Hmmm." Po continued to go down the list until he felt it was enough. Now what to do with it? Then Po got an idea. "Maybe she'll talk to me more if I try to act like her."

To anyone else hearing this, this would have sounded like the worst idea ever. Tigress's personality wasn't a bad thing, nor was Po's. However, Po acting like Tigress could only cause a lot of problems, especially for Tigress. Po threw the paper in his bedroom trash can. "I'll start tomorrow," He said to himself.

The next morning, Tigress woke up as usual: Early. However, when she realized that her comrades weren't in their rooms, she began to worry she overslept. She walked over to the Training Hall to see all of her friends and Master Shifu standing at the entrance amazed at what they were looking at. Tigress looked in and was amazed as well. Po was training early, which wasn't news to the others, but Po normally doesn't train in total silence. He didn't say anything, no exclamation of a HIYA! Nothing. But that wasn't the weirdest part. Po was practicing with the forest of wooden soldiers and accidentally missed one of the low swinging arms. It struck right in his tenders. Po, who was usually loud when he was hurt, just gritted his teeth and flexed all of his muscles. His legs bent a bit, but he didn't drop to the ground yet. After the pain dulled down, he went back to training. "How long has he been at this?"