Another Job

Po was sitting in the kitchen with the Furious Five. It was lunchtime, and Po was having his usual large lunch. He was actually fairly quiet as the others talked about other stuff. Presently, the conversation turned to how they came together.

"So how did you figure out it would be us, Tigress?" Viper asked. "With something that vague, I would think to stop for a moment."

"I didn't think to question the instructions. It was only when he told me that they weren't the people he intended that I figured out my mistake," Tigress said sadly.

"But," Monkey said optimistically, "We became the Furious Five anyways and we stopped Boar. So everything worked out. Maybe Master Oogway was right when he said there are no accidents."

"So burning your pants when you were making the almond cookies was destiny?" Crane joked. The whole room chuckled as both Tigress and Po smiled. Tigress is usually the barely emotional one, but Po was barely listening.

"Po," Viper said, calling his attention to the others. "Are you okay? You've barely said anything."

"I'm fine," He said in his usual cheerful way, "I'm just focusing on eating right now."

"Are you sure? Because usually, you're the one making conversation," Viper said, still worried.

"Really, guys I'm fine. I was just remembering the time I was trying to figure out what to do with my life. I remember when you guys took on Boar," Po said. Then he was quiet for a while. "Guys, other than being the Dragon Warrior, what could you seem me being?"

"What do you mean?" Viper asked.

"I mean, if I weren't the Dragon Warrior, what other jobs could you see me having," Po asked. The Furious Five were quiet for a while.

"I've always pictured you as a good cook," Mantis said bluntly. Po rolled his eyes.

"That's because I work at a noodle shop. Come on, guys. Other than cook and Kung Fu Warrior, what could you see me doing?"

"A doctor," Viper piped up. Po looked at her confused. "You've been very good with people and are very caring, Po. I imagine you would be great for helping people with different diseases." Po smiled.

"Thanks, Viper."

"I always thought that Po was a child entertainer when he first came here," Monkey said.

"Why?" Viper asked.

"Well, he seemed to be the perfect person to make people and children laugh, especially after seeing him go through the Training Hall for the first time," Monkey chuckled. Po glared at his monkey friend.

"Thanks, Monkey," Po muttered.

"Oh! I think you would make a great seamster," Viper said excitedly. Po's face fell.

"Okay, now you're being ridiculous," Po replied. "Why would I make clothes?"

"I don't know, I'm just throwing out an idea here."

"I think Po would definitely be an artist," Crane spoke up. Tigress nodded in agreement.

"Why?"

"You're very creative, Po. Very unpredictable. Plus, you've created many sculptures of us," Crane smirked.

"I don't make that many," Po remarked. "But I guess you're right. I could see myself as that."

"A big panda!" Mantis exclaimed. Everyone just stared at him. "What? I could see him as that." Viper slapped him off the table with her tail.

"Next," Po muttered, rubbing the side of his head.

"An inventor," Monkey said. Po looked at him confused. "Well, you're always making stuff. Maybe you could make something that would help people. But I am noticing something in common with these jobs. They all help people in one way or the other. So I think you could also be a great toy maker." Po shrugged.

"I guess I could do that."

"A blacksmith," Tigress said out of the blue. Po snapped his head to look at her.

"What!?" Po nearly shouted.

"I think you would be a good blacksmith," Tigress repeated. Po still looked confused as ever. And he thought seamster was weird.

"Why?"

"Well, you're strong and creative, you like working with your hands and helping people, you also seem to like weapons considering the way you are with the things in the Hall of Heroes. And you could make several interesting things for children." Po just sat there surprised and shocked. He hadn't thought about all of that. He could only see himself as a blacksmith making metal chopsticks. Tigress had open his view of the career.

"Huh, I never thought of it like that. Thanks, Tigress," Po smiled.

What about you? What do you think Po could be other than a Kung Fu warrior or cook? Well, regardless, Po will always have one job. Being the world's favorite panda.

The end