Carnival

Now, in ancient China people, weren't as stimulated as they are now. It took a lot less energy to excite them. So in the idea of a carnival that doesn't have a roller-coaster or any big rides, it didn't have any problems with the people, especially Monkey and Po. The two friends looked all around from the hill they were standing on. The light of the carnival was filling the whole night sky. It was amazing to see all the different colors. Po pumped his fist into the air. "Let's go have some fun! It's Carnival TIME!" The panda and monkey ran down the hill and rushed into the carnival circle. Magnificent machines and costumes littered the area. Dazzling light shows with different colored fires. Exotic dancers with outrageous outfits whirled about on stage. Fire breathers sent flames into the air, making the fur on people's face sizzle. And of course, the iconic and majestic dragon costume parade the crowded streets pretending to eat anyone who stepped too close to its mouth. This was the carnival, or fair, life. Po and Monkey were amazed.

"It's too bad that the others didn't come. I know that Viper would have loved it," Monkey said. "I'm sure Mantis would be gawking at the dancers."

"Like you are," Po smirked, noticing his friend eyeing the dancers. "Come on, let's go see the show." Just as they made their way to the front, one of the dancers fell off the stage. Luckily, Po caught her and rested her on her feet. The snow leopard was grateful.

"Thanks, cutie," She said kissing Po on the cheek. She went back on stage and the show went on. At the end of the show, the dancer waved Po goodbye. Po just grinned like a goof. Monkey laughed at Po as they went away from the stage.

"What so funny?" Po asked. Monkey pointed to the lipstick mark that was left on Po. Po rubbed it off before anyone else saw it.

"That girl really knows how to show appreciation to her saviors, eh Po?"

"She was just being thankful. Not like I don't get this from grandmothers as well," Po explained. They walked past a stage for the fire breathers. Po chuckled. "I remember when I use to do that." Monkey's ears perked up.

"When did you do fire breathing," Monkey asked.

"I was trying to do something that would boost my dad's business. It actually ended up in setting an old abandoned house on fire," Po nervously scratched his head.

"So you're the person that lit that fire," Monkey realized. Now Po was nervous. "Well, my tail and I are glad you didn't practice any more of that stuff. It nearly cost me my tail."

"Yeah, sorry about that," Po replied.

"How old were you when this happened?"

"About 12."

"Oh, it wasn't completely your fault. You were a curious kid," Monkey comforted him. They settled on a little booth that threw pies. Monkey gave the booth manager his ticket and threw the first pie straight at the target. Monkey won a little action figure that looked a lot like Po's action figures of a panda.

"Whoa! I didn't even know they had one of me," Po said. Monkey shook his head.

"Why don't you keep it?"

"You mean it? OH, thanks, Monkey," Po jumped for joy. He put the figure in his back pocket. They walked around trying to see all of the booths and fun booths that were available.

"Do you think that snow leopard liked you, Po?" Monkey teased. Po rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Monkey, I think she was just being flirtatious. I don't think it meant anything," Po said playfully pushing Monkey away.

"Oh come on, you just turned down an exotic dancer."

"And trust me when I say, I'm okay with that," Po remarked. Just then, a snow leopard girl crashed into them on the corner. She looked like everyone else attending the carnival so when she bumped into Po, he just saw it as a mistake. "Oh, I'm sorry miss. I didn't watch where I was going," Po nervously chuckled and smile. His smile could always give him away.

"I remember you," The snow leopard said. "You're the panda that caught me on stage."

"Oh! You're the dancer!"

"Thanks again for catching me," She said cheekily smiling. Po nervously scratched the back of his head.

"Well, I'm glad I could help," Po replied. Then she kissed him on the other cheek.

"This time, it won't come off as easily," She winked. "I hope that won't cause trouble for your girlfriend." Po just nervously smiled. "And you too." She gave a kiss on Monkey's forehead. With that, she left. Po grimaced as he tried hard to make the mark go away. Monkey laughed.

"Now you have a permanent reminder of her," Monkey teased. Po sighed as they continued to walk. Then Monkey asked a question. "Po, why don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Why don't you?"

"Because I'm not really looking for one right now," Monkey replied.

"Well, that's why."

"Po, that can't be why! I know you to turn down women left and right. Why?"

"I...I don't turn them down. I just don't want a dating partner right now. A friend, sure but a girlfriend, not now," Po said still trying to rub the lipstick off his cheek. "I hope Tigress doesn't make a big fuss about this." Monkey noticed that.

"Why would you worry about that?"

"Well, she tends to get a bit angry whenever I come home with some perfume on or a kiss on my cheek. I don't know why." Po replied cluelessly. Monkey shook his head. Sometimes, his friend could be so...blind. Monkey looked around. The lights of the carnival were still spectacular.

"I remember when my mother and I would come to the carnival. That's why I love it so much. It reminds me of her," Monkey said sadly remembering her. Po patted him on the back.

"I'm sorry that you went through that, but now isn't the time to be sad. Look around, we're at the carnival!" Just as he spoke, the Chinese Dragon puppet gobbled his head. "AHHHA! HELP! SOMEONE GET MASTER SHIFU! TELL TIGRESS I LOVE HER!" The dragon released Po. The people around laughed as well as Monkey. Then he stopped laughing realizing something.

"Wait, what did you say?"

"Nothing!" Po quickly said. Then he noticed a crowd gathering around the lake. "Come on, the fireworks are starting." The two ran to the fireworks display. It was all quiet and dark. Po noticed that the lights of the carnival grounds grew dimmer as the fireworks began. The first one started then the next. Sparkling pictures of blue, green, red, and white exploded into the night sky. Po guessed that it could all be seen from the Jade Palace. But the fun ended all too soon as the last big fireworks rang out. The people clapped and cheered. Slowly, the horde of people went their own ways. The parts of the carnival were still open, but most people just wanted to see the fireworks. Po and Monkey walked back to the Jade Palace. "That was awesome. Too bad the carnival only comes once per year. I really wish that Tigress and the others could come."

"To see you get kissed by a snow leopard. Oh, I'm sure Tigress would love that," Monkey teased. Po blushed. "But thanks for bringing me with you Po. I had a lot of fun." Po gave the monkey a friendly noogie.

"Anything for my brother," Po smiled. As they finally got to the top of the Jade Palace mountain, Tigress was there to meet them.

"I see that you two had a good time," Tigress smirked.

"Uh, yeah," Po nervously stuttered. Tigress looked at their nervous faces.

"What's lipstick doing on your face?" Tigress asked.

"Um... we saved an old lady from falling off the stage," Po lied, "She gave us kisses." Tigress held her smirk.

"Okay, Monkey, Master Shifu wanted to speak with you," Tigress said. As the monkey left, Po was stopped by Tigress's next sentence. "You know, I used to be one of the performers in the dragon at the carnival."

"Oh, you were?" Po said, intrigued.

"Yeah, and this night I was too. I'm actually friends with the 'old lady' you saved from the stage," Tigress smirked. Po paled.

"You are?" He said in a high pitch. Tigress chuckled at his nervous demeanor. Then Po remembered what he said in the dragon's mouth. Before he could say anything, Tigress kissed Po on the lips. Before he could react, Tigress pulled away.

"That's one place that no one can kiss you," Tigress said smirking. "Oh and Po. I love you too." Po was just left standing there dazed and surprised.

THE END