Monkey's Tea

All of the Furious Five are intelligent in their own way and right. Tigress is more book-smart when it comes to Kung Fu and studies. Crane and Viper are more artistically and culturally learned. Mantis, Monkey, and Po are more street smart. With this combination, they are a team that can solve many problems on their own. Yet, academically they could all use a helping hand, even Tigress. That all changed when Po bought a new tea. "What is it called?" Monkey asked.

"Hui tea. It's exotic, so this is the only set that I got," Po explained.

"Mind if I try some?" Monkey asked. Po poured the tea into Monkey's cup. Then he suddenly remembered something.

"Aw man, I forgot that my dad said to drink this with a pinch of black pepper. I'll be right back. I have to get it from my dad's shop," Po said. They were out of black pepper at the Jade Palace. When he got back to the Jade Palace, he noticed that all the exotic tea was gone. "AHH! Who drank all of my tea?!" Po exclaimed. Just then Viper and Tigress came in.

"Po, what's the matter?"

"Someone drank all of my tea!" Po replied.

"Why is that a problem?" Viper asked.

"One: I didn't even get to taste any. Two: It was exotic. And they drank the rest of the tea bags," Po said in disappointment.

"Sorry, Po," Viper said sympathetically.

"Who else was in the kitchen?" Tigress asked. Po's eyes lit up then narrowed back down in an angry glare.

"Where is Monkey?" He muttered. Just then, Crane and Mantis came in.

"Um, guys. You might want to see what Monkey is doing," Crane replied. They went into the Hall of Heroes to see Monkey in a mess of scrolls, reading all of them.

"Uh, Monkey? Are you okay?" Viper asked.

"Ah, Clarisse. Wonderful to see you," Monkey replied, very properly and formally. The others looked at each other. Mantis spoke through the side of his mouth.

"Who the freak is Clarisse?" Mantis asked. Monkey squinted a bit and then put on a single eyeglass on his right eye.

"Oh terribly sorry. I can't see a thing without my monocle," Monkey replied.

"Oh, that's what those things are called," Po commented. "Monkey, did you drink all of the Hui tea I bought?"

"Yes, I do apologize for consuming so much, but after having the side effects of the tea I couldn't handle myself," Monkey replied.

"What side effects?" Po asked. Monkey gave Po the box that had the Hui Tea. "'Caution: Without the proper amount of black pepper, tea could result in increased mental capacity.' Of course, it does." Po muttered.

"So what? Monkey's a genius now?" Mantis asked.

"I wouldn't go as far as that, but it does result in a better ability to comprehend certain difficult concepts," Monkey answered.

"I'll take that as a yes," Viper said.

"But, does that mean that Monkey is going to be different," Po asked, worried for his friend's fun character.

"Of course not. If anything I'm better than ever before," Monkey replied, fixing his monocle. "Now if all the greetings are done away with, why don't we go and train?"

"I like this new Monkey," Tigress smirked. Po glared at the tiger. Of course, she would. Po stayed at the hall for a little while before following the others. "He'll be fine. You'll see. He'll be the same joking monkey he always was," Tigress comforted.