Cloak

Po scrambled around trying to find something that would do the trick. "Where is it? I know I bought it a few years ago." Po looked all over his room for the cloak. Tigress, Mantis, and Crane were standing outside his door looking at his panicked frenzy. "Oh come on," Po said holding the cloak up. "When did I get this?"

"Judging by the size, when you were a baby," Mantis checked. Po glared at the bug as he threw the cloak at him, completely covering him. "AHH! Who turned out the lights!"

"Po, what are you trying to look for?" Tigress asked.

"I'm looking for something that will hide my identity. I don't want anyone to know that I'm a panda," Po said, continuing to look for something. Tigress and Crane looked at each other confused.

"Um... Po? You are a panda," Crane stated simply. Po sighed.

"I mean like undercover. You know, like when I use the Shift Stones," Po replied.

"Po, you're the only panda in a five-mile radius. You hiding under a cloak is probably not going to help," Crane explained. Po stopped looking.

"You're right," Po huffed. "Then I need the Shift Stones, but I don't want to use them."

"Why not?"

"They can easily be lost. I could lose them and blow my cover. That's why I'm trying to find a cloak." Po answered Tigress.

"Maybe you should just go to the tailor and have one made," Crane suggested. Po sighed.

"Might as well," Po shrugged about to go out. But Mantis finally got out the cloak and shouted.

"Hey! Isn't anyone going to ask why he suddenly needs a cloak!"

"Yeah," Crane said, "Why do you need a cloak?"

"I need to get something and I don't want anyone knowing who I am," Po replied.

"What is it?"

"Guys, if I didn't want it to be a secret, don't you think I would have spilled the beans by now?" Po asked.

"Yeah, but still. You're not one to keep secrets," Crane confessed.

"Well, this time, I need to," Po said, going out the door. Crane and Mantis simply shrugged but, of course, Tigress seemed more interested. It was nighttime when Po finally got back from the tailor. The big brown hooded cloak covered him from head to toe. Only the front of his muzzle could really be seen. Tigress and the others didn't mention anything about the cloak. That didn't calm Po, however. He knew that certain people, namely Tigress, would be interested in something like this. And even if she didn't, he had to keep an eye out for her. Everyone retired for bed. Tigress waited in silence for Po to come out the front, but when he didn't, Tigress went into his room to see he went out the window. His tracks were faint, but she reasoned that he couldn't have gone far. Her sharp eyes looked around and spotted the brown moving cloak. She could also see he was carrying a big bag. Tigress ran down the mountain and caught up with Po. She kept out of sight, making sure that Po didn't see her. However, Po had a suspicion that someone was following him, so he began to walk in circles around the village trying to lose anyone following him. It was a challenge for Tigress because Po was wearing the brown cloak and it wasn't as easy to spot as Po's black and white fur.

Finally, Po traveled through the forest, not knowing that Tigress was following him. He made his way to another nearby remote village. It was very small compared to the village of the Jade Palace. Po walked into the village and knocked on a small door. The door creaked open. "Who's there?"

"It's me, Po," Po whispered back. The door opened and Po went in, shutting the door behind him. Tigress went around the house, finding a small window she could see through. The person who had opened the door was a young female wolf, probably about 20 or 25. Her clothes seemed very worn and torn. Her living status seemed to convey she was able to supply herself well, but Po opened the bag he was carrying to show food for the wolf. Was she poor or was she Po's cooking partner? Then Tigress listened to the conversation.

"Thank you so much for helping me, Po. Your donation for the homeless children will help this operation keep on going."

"I'll try my best to get some more stuff for you guys," Po said.

"No need. You've given us more than we need. And we understand your request for making this a secret." Po smiled as the wolf hugged him. "Thank you so much, Po."

"Anything for a friend," Po said. "Well, I must be going. I don't want to attract any attention from my disappearance." Po put on the hood and snuck out the door. Tigress ran back to the Jade Palace and waited for Po on the top of the steps. When Po finally got up the steps, he was surprised to see Tigress there. "Tigress, what are you doing up?"

"I could ask the same thing about you."

"I had to get something from my father's shop," Po replied. He made it sound so rehearsed, but Tigress knew better.

"Who is she?"

"She who?"

"Who's the wolf that you gave the bag to?" Po's eyes furrowed in anger.

"You followed me!"

"I wanted to know what you needed the cloak for," Tigress said.

"Of course," Po muttered. He sighed. "Please don't tell anyone about this."

"I won't tell anyone, but you owe me an explanation." Po was silent for a while.

"She's a friend of mine that use to be a merchant. But she started this home for homeless children. She asked me if I could help with the donations and so I asked my dad to let me have the extra food and give it to the children."

"Why did you go to great lengths to keep it a secret?" Tigress asked. What Po had done was a very good deed. Why would he try to hide it so much?

"Because I don't want people to know," Po said, sitting down on the top step. "Tigress, I'm the Dragon Warrior and everything I do is seen by everyone. I don't want this to turn into something that I do so everyone will see. Plus, I don't think it would be good for the children if some people just came in to see where and what I was doing there. I do this in secret so no one will try to glorify me or praise me rather than help me in the good work." Tigress sat down next to Po.

"What you're doing Po is a good thing," Tigress said smiling a hint. "I'll make sure to keep it a secret."

"Thanks, Tigress."

"Although, next time, you might want to make a cloak completely black because I could barely keep track of you," Tigress said. Po chuckled.

"I'll keep that in mind."

The End