Jack the Panda

"Do you really want to do this?" Demi asked me.

"It's time we finally address the full-on disappointment, Demi," I said to him.

"Alright, but just be sure to make people understand why" Demi explained.

************************

He hated his job. Several times he thought of just quitting, but something about this job kept him here. He didn't know if it was his friends or for the sake of the person who came up with the story, but as much as he hated the job, he stayed. Jack the panda was the voice actor for a popular show called Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness. In fact, he was the main character, Po. Jack had worked with the director of the Kung Fu Panda movie and absolutely loved his character there. Po was fun-loving, cheerful, and adorably clumsy. Though he wouldn't admit to the last part of that list, Jack could relate to this Po very well. However, when his contractor told him about the series that would come out about the movie, Jack thought it would be a smooth transition. That wasn't the case.

Jack came out of the recording room for the series. "Alright, that's good for today," The director said.

"Thank goodness," Jack muttered, "I don't know how much of that I could take." Jack absolutely despised how Po was portrayed in the series. Though this was not true for some of his other friends, Jack didn't like how the director made Po look. In the movie, Po was adorably clumsy, humble, kind, and laughably silly. In the series, Po was smug, show-offish, annoying, and often caused a lot of trouble. The only mistake that Po ever made in the movies was when he was chosen for Dragon Warrior. Jack went to his room where he looked over the script. "Only a few more episodes," Jack mumbled.

That was the good part for Jack. The series was coming to an end. Jack was eager to be done with it. There was one thing the show that he would miss: the other characters. The new characters brought onto the series seemed to have some actual canon worth. For example, Jack liked the idea of Fenghuang, Peng, and the croc bandits to add more to the story. (The croc bandits would more or less be there for comic relief as if Po didn't already do that.) But there was one particular character that Jack was most angry about in the series. This character had such a change in personality from the movie to the series that Jack considered quitting right there. This character was played by the sneaky pair of paws that were closing in on Jack. Suddenly, Jack's sight was gone and he couldn't see.

"Guess who," Said a silky voice. Jack smirked.

"Is it a playful tiger that's too old to be playing these games?" Jack asked.

"Are you calling me old?" Jack laughed as she let go of his eyes.

"Of course not, Angelina."

"Hmm," Angelina smirked, "So what's got you upset this time?" Jack rolled his eyes.

"They wanted me to redo the part where Po lets the villains free. I'm just tired," Jack responded.

"Of recording or of the series?"

"Both!" Jack exclaimed. "I'm glad that this is coming to an end. I don't think I could take your character anymore." Angelina rolled her eyes but smiled.

"Tigress wasn't that bad," She said.

"Angy, they made Tigress go from the strong silent type that had great respect for Po to a person that treats Po like an annoying kid and is eager to punch him. How is that not bad?" Jack asked. Angelina sighed.

"Why do you always have such great appreciation for simple children's characters?"

"Do you want kids to go home learning that being someone like that panda is a good thing?" Jack asked. Angelina thought about it and slowly agreed.

"Look, on the bright side, the series is going to be over soon. Then we'll be back to the movies," She reminded the panda. Jack sighed.

"That is the good thing," He said. Then he thought about the movies. "Speaking of movies, didn't the creator of the movie say that she was making three more after Kung Fu Panda 3?" Angelina nodded. "What are they going to be about?" Angelina thought about the question.

"I don't know what you mean?"

"I mean what does Po have left to do? He's mastered the secret of Kung Fu, achieved inner peace, and became a chi master and a great teacher. What left does he have to do in three whole movies?" Angelina shrugged.

"Maybe it won't be on Po anymore," Angelina said thoughtfully with a smile. "It maybe Tigress will be the central figure for once." Jack laughed.

"What happened to the characters don't matter?" Jack asked.

"I never said that," The tiger said defiantly. "Or maybe it will be on the both of them." Jack smiled. Then he thought of another question.

"Do you think Tigress and Po would get married?" Jack asked. Angelina looked at Jack with a bemused face.

"Don't tell me you're on that ship, Jack," She smirked.

"Come on, you can't tell me there isn't a possibility," Jack suggested.

"By the third movie, it was confirmed that Tigress and Po's relationship is a purely sister-brother type."

"That can change," Jack said optimistically. Angelina thought about it for a while.

"In three movies? Yes, it can happen. Will it happen? Who knows," Angelina replied. "Love can be made anywhere." Jack smiled. Then he became nervous.

"Hey, Angelina, do you have anything else you're working on?" Jack asked.

"No, why?"

"Um... I know this great restaurant that I... actually wanted to show you. Do you... want to come?" Jack asked. Angelina's eyes widened. Then she smiled.

"Sure, I'll be off at 8:00."

"Okay, 8:00."

"See you then, Jack," Angelina tittered as she exited the room. Jack sighed with a smile on his face.

"If it's possible for me, it's possible for Po," He said to himself.

He still hated his job.

The End