Food Preparation

The kitchen was packed. Mr. Ping's shop was really booming with the new pandas moving into the valley. Mr. Ping had to expand the kitchen just to keep up. He also enlisted the help of Po and his friends. Of course, one particular friend was a little prized by Mr. Ping. "We need Man Go pudding," Po said.

"On it," Tigress said. Yes, Tigress had shown a real talent for serving and preparing food. Her skillful and delicate handiwork in Kung Fu seemed to transfer very quickly into making food. Now, normally, Tigress wouldn't consider doing this. Besides being out of her career zone, it was kind of out of her comfort zone to do something with so many people. Granted it wasn't that different from protecting them, there was a major difference in protecting and socializing. But after overcoming that, it was easy enough and Mr. Ping started to enjoy having her company. He did always want an adopted daughter. And Po was taking to it much better than Mr. Ping thought, which made the goose smile every time.

It was during this time that Mr. Ping got an interesting order from one of the traveling customers. It was an item on their meal they hadn't made in a while. "Right away sir," Mr. Ping said. He went into the basement to see how many ingredients they had. They had just enough and Mr. Ping quickly prepared it. However, he then had to order and get more ingredients. When the ingredients finally got to the shop, Po and Tigress were surprised about what it was.

"Coconuts?" Po asked.

"The Island Dumpling has coconuts in it and I had just enough last time to make it. Usually, I sprinkle it in some of the other foods when they go bad, but now new customers are asking for them. I need your help in breaking them, skinning them, and dicing them," Mr. Ping said.

"Dad, that will take some time," Po replied.

"I know, which is why I asked Master Tigress to help you in the basement," Mr. Ping said eccentrically. Po nervously grinned. Tigress was making soup while the two were talking at the entryway to the shop.

"Dad, don't you think it will be a little uncomfortable for Tigress and me to be in the same room for that long?"

"Don't you think it's a little uncomfortable for me to know that my son still plays with action figures?"

"Dolls! I mean ACTION FIGURES!" Po corrected himself.

"That's what I said," Mr. Ping replied. "Come on, Po. You two live together. This shouldn't be that bad."

"That's different," Po whispered as Tigress came over to them. "Oh! Hey, Tigress. My dad wants us to grind up some coconuts," He said anxiously.

"I don't know if Master Shifu will allow me that much time off," Tigress said apologetically to Mr. Ping.

"Yeah! I mean, we have our work at the Jade Palace as well," Po recovered.

"Never mind that. I've talked with Master Shifu, he said it was fine," Mr. Ping smiled.

"Of course, you did," Po muttered to himself, but Tigress nodded.

"Good. Come on, Po. Let's get an early start."

"Coming," Po groaned, glaring at his smirking dad. As the two went into the basement, Tigress noticed how cooler it was.

"This is where you keep stuff to keep them fresh?" Tigress asked. Po nodded. Po let down the bag of coconuts and placed a big bowl in between Tigress and himself.

"So...we crack them, wedge the outer shell off, and then dice them. Simple," Po said. So they sat down and started cracking open the coconuts. Tigress seemed to be a natural with the coconuts. She simply banged them on the floor and they cracked open. "You're very good at this."