Cats

Po was resting in his room. He had already done a day's work of training and was worn out by it. Training today was very tough. It was a miracle he actually got through it, especially having to spar with Tigress. Don't get him wrong, sparring with Tigress was one of the best things he got to do in his life. It was just sometimes she would go all out. Which means, she would punch his 'day lamps' out. It was a hard life with her. And Po didn't really know why.

As far as Po could recollect, every cat he ever knew liked him. Other than the villains, Song, Peng, and feline childhood friends all liked Po. What Po could gather from Tigress was different, however. She didn't necessarily hate him, but she never really showed any kind of affection, or at the least acquaintanceship, towards him. Sure there were epic moments where she would, for a moment, break out of character, but for the most part, she was stable and always able to defeat Po at something. Because of his training and Po's quick adaptation, he was able to catch up to Tigress's strength level fairly quickly. He couldn't beat her in concentration; she had him licked at that.

Comparisons aside, Po was still at a loss of why Tigress wasn't like the others when Crane came into his room. "Hey, Po. Master Shifu was wondering where you were. He didn't see you in the kitchen and he was getting worried," Crane said in a joking manner. Po rolled his eyes.

"I'm not always hungry," Po shot back. Crane's eyebrow raised up. "Okay, yes I am hungry. I've just been thinking."

"About what?"

"Nothing, you'll think I'm being ridiculous," Po replied. Crane walked to the center of the room.

"Po, if there was a day you weren't being ridiculous, I'm pretty sure I would go insane," Crane said. Po smiled a bit.

"I don't know why Tigress treats me like this," Po said in frustration.

"Treats you like what? She doesn't seem to treat you any different from us," Crane replied.

"Not that way. Crane, all through my life I've had... cats as friends or family members," Po replied. Crane looked a bit skeptical.

"You've had a lot of felines as friends before?"

"Yes, yes. Though it may not look like it, I did make a lot of friends," Po grumbled.

"I didn't mean to be rude or offensive. I just had a hard time believing that you had that many female felines in your early life. I'm sure we would have seen a least one or two," Crane said.

"They weren't all females. The point is that I have a lot of friends that are cats," Po said.

"But?"

"But, Tigress just seems to constantly be against me," Po said sadly. Crane walked over to Po's bed and patted him on the shoulder. The avian tried to offer a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure she doesn't mean it. You know she means well," Crane replied.

"Well, I'm starting to have a hard time believing that. I know I mess up."

"A lot."

"And I know I'm not the ideal warrior."

"Barely."

"And I know I eat... somewhat more than my share of things."

"Sometimes more."

"Alright Crane, you're not helping," Po remarked.

"Sorry."

"But I guess you're right. This is probably part of the reason why she doesn't necessarily like me," Po replied.

"Does she have to," Crane asked. Po looked up at Crane. "Po, you've often had to deal with people who haven't worked well with you, correct?" Po nodded. "I'm just saying that maybe Tigress's signs of affection are just different. And like I said, it maybe that's why her affection may seem very...challenging." 

Po sighed, "That doesn't help much, Crane." 

"I know."

"But you're right. Maybe I shouldn't demand so much from her," Po sighed. Crane smiled patting him on the back.

"I'm sure you and Tigress will get along better," Crane said, going out the door. Po sighed again and laid down on the bed. Po's eyes blinked from consciousness to unconsciousness. When he felt rested enough, he sat upright in his bed. It was about noon. Po looked at the door where he saw Tigress.

"Oh hey Tigress," Po replied solemnly. He didn't expect her to do anything special. Especially, what she did next. Tigress silently walked over to Po's bed, sat next to him, and pressed her body right on Po's side. Po was beyond words. He was scared silly. Then he heard something he thought he would never hear.

 "PURRRR." Tigress was purring! She rubbed her head against Po's shoulder and purred. Po looked down and saw a small smile on her face. "T T T Tigress," Po quietly stuttered. Tigress raised her head up, looked at Po, and smiled in content. She then kissed Po on the cheek first, and then on the lips. Po was way too shocked to react or kiss back. As Tigress pulled back, Po's eyes stayed opened. Tigress just smiled.

"I love you, Po," Tigress softly said. She got up, kissed Po on the head, and walked out the room. Po just sat there, staring at the doorway with his eyes wide open. Po fell back in the bed and actually passed out. I kid you not. When he finally came through, all the Furious Five were standing over him.

"What happened," Po asked.

"We thought you were sleeping. When you wouldn't respond to Tigress's slaps, we started to worry," Monkey replied. Po rubbed his sore cheek. "Sorry about that."

"It's fine. I must have blacked out," Po said.

"From what?"

"I... I don't know," Po said, refusing to tell them. They wouldn't believe it either. Po thought it was just a dream.

"You looked fine when we last talked," Crane commented. So that part was real. Po shrugged.

"I don't know what happened. I'm sorry to worry you guys," Po replied.

"Well, just making sure," Viper said. Crane decided to stay with Po as the others went out. It was just a dream, right? Po thought as he saw Tigress walk out. Just when Tigress was about to leave, she stopped for a small second, looked at Po, smiled, and winked. Po was left speechless as she left the room.

"What's wrong, Po?" Crane asked.

"Remember what we talked about Tigress," Po said. Crane nodded. "I think I've figured out how to get into... a better relationship with her. Although, I don't think I understand it."

"What are you talking about," Crane asked confused. Po snapped out of his daze, looked at Crane, and laughed. He plopped down on his bed laughing. He finally stopped laughing and sighed.

"Cats are just weird. Especially tigers, but I think... I like it that way," Po smiled, leaving Crane confused. Unbeknownst to them, Tigress was standing outside the room with the biggest smile on her face.

The End