Mother

Po stood there at the edge of the cliff looking down at the shining village below. He knew his father was there, his friends and family, everyone was there. Po couldn't help but sigh. He stood up and decided to go to the kitchen. There, he met Viper, eating with Tigress. "Oh, there you are. Are you okay? We haven't seen you eat," Viper said concerned.

"I'm fine, I'm just a little...tired," Po yawned, giving his "okay" smile. He went down to the village. It was night time, but the villagers were celebrating a birthday. It was a little pig kid that Po knew. His parents hugged him tightly as the painter painted their picture. Po smiled weakly at the sight. It was beautiful. The lights, the party, everything seemed to be in the pig kid's favor, and it was. He hugged his mother dearly. Po sighed and went back up the steps. There was nothing for him here. As he went up the steps, he had a sneaky suspicion of someone watching him. He looked around. No one he could see. "You can come out now. I know you're there," Po said. He was bluffing, but the person who was following him seemed to believe him. "Crane?" Po said, recognizing the tall bird in the moonlit night. "Why are you following me?"

"I was wondering why you were aimlessly wandering around. That's usually not your thing," Crane said concerned.

"I know, I'm just a little tired," Po replied, scratching the back of his head.

"Really? Why? We haven't had to train today," Crane said. It was true. Master Shifu had given them the day off because of an issue he had to take care of. So why was Po tired?

"I know. I just feel a little drained today," Po answered. "I'm going to get some sleep." He walked to his room, leaving Crane to wonder about his friend. Crane went to the kitchen where Tigress and Viper were still enjoying dinner. "Has Po eaten dinner yet?" Crane asked.

"Yes, and barely left any for us," Tigress replied, "But I think I understand the reason why. Something is bothering him."

"I wonder what it is," Viper said. Crane and Viper looked at Tigress.

"What?" She asked.

"Well, you're usually the one to try and comfort Po. I mean, we've tried to do it but no one comforts Po better than you. Other than his dad, random strangers, and OPFFH!" Viper hit Crane in the ribs with her tail.

"What Crane is trying to say," Viper smiled gritting through the teeth, "Is that you're usually the first one to worry about Po." Tigress just sat there with an emotionless face. She then just got up and went outside.

"Do you think we said too much," Crane asked.

"I don't know, maybe it was a bad turn when you said that strangers were more comforting than her," Viper argued. Crane sheepishly smiled. Meanwhile, Tigress went up the Peach Tree steps. She knew he would be here. He always was there when something was bothering him.

"Po?" She called.

"I'm here, Tigress," Po replied. She saw the sad panda looking over the village. She quietly took a seat next to Po. She had a couple of things in mind that could be bothering Po. For example, it could be another "Not worthy session" or "Wondering if he would find out who he really was" Tigress had followed a pattern of Po that seemed to usually follow the same line. But she didn't want to immediately start the conversation with the issue.

"Why do you come up here?" She asked. Po looked at her a little confused. Usually, she was more direct. She didn't take the long way around a conversation. Po decided to answer.

"I like how it looks. It's so calming and peaceful. It kind of gives me a new perspective," Po replied. Tigress nodded. They were silent for a long time. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why haven't you asked me what's wrong with me yet?" Po asked. He wasn't trying to be the center of attention, but Tigress usually didn't take long to pick up on these things. Tigress shrugged.

"I figured that if you really wanted me to know, you would have told me," Tigress explained. Po nodded. "But since you ask-"

"Hehe," Po laughed.

"Why are you upset?" Tigress finally asked. Po looked out into space.

"I wonder about my mom," Po quietly said. That was new. Tigress wouldn't have figured that was bothering him. Ever since his battle with Kai, Po had a greater sense of who he was. But that didn't mean there weren't parts of him missing. "I wonder... what was she like. How would she have raised me? What would she cook for me? Then I realized something interesting."

"What?"

"I've...never had a mother figure," Po sighed. "I mean, my dad did an amazing job of raising me. Especially since I wasn't his son. But... there just seems to be a space that isn't filled in."

"Actually, I've been wondering about that," Tigress admitted. Po looked at her confused. "Why hasn't your father ever married someone?"

"I don't know exactly," Po replied. "Of course, taking account of some of the people here, I don't think it would be a good choice."

"Why?"

"I mean there are people in the village that are my dad's age and could marry him, but either they're just friends or a bad choice," Po answered. Then he chuckled. Tigress wordlessly asked what was so funny. "I was just thinking of a scam I had to get my dad and Crane's mother together. Then Crane and I could be brothers," He sadly chuckled. Tigress offered a small smile.

"But back to the mother thing," Tigress redirected. Po sighed.

"I... I just sometimes think... what it would be like to have a mother," Po finally said. They were silent for a while. Then Tigress hugged him. No words of love, no speeches of comfort. Just a silent message of care and understanding. Po slowly hugged back. He silently cried a bit. The warmth and comfort that Tigress offered to Po were enough for him. "Thank you, Tigress."

"You're welcome, Po."

The End