Feral

Tigress looked at the blue sky. The sky was patchy with different sized clouds. She looked down the mountain towards the village. Just as peaceful as it usually was. She sighed again as she leaned back on the steps. She was sitting on the top of the Jade Palace steps alone. She jerked up when she felt something behind her back. "AHH!" a voice cried.

"Sorry, Viper," Tigress replied. "I didn't know you were back there."

"You would normally hear me by now. I don't think it's just age that is dulling your ears," Viper said. Tigress remained silent as her eyes stayed on the village. Viper coiled herself into a ring and rested her head on her own body. "I miss him too. I didn't expect his training to be this long." Tigress remained silent. "Are you... worried?"

"No," She simply replied.

"Then why are you upset?" Viper asked.

"I'm worried that he'll come back," Tigress answered. Viper was confused.

"What? I thought you liked Po," Viper said. Tigress snapped her head to Viper. "I mean, like as a friend," Viper corrected. Tigress glared at the snake for a while and then focused her attention on the village. "Why are you afraid that he'll come back?"

"Because I'm worried that he'll change. Master Gong is one of the... naturalistic kind of masters. They believe in tapping into the... feral side of a person to make them stronger. I just hope that doesn't mean that Po is a completely different person," Tigress explained.

"I'm sure that Master Gong wouldn't be able to change Po's character. And besides, I can't imagine a 'feral' panda being dangerous."

"Anyone can be dangerous," Tigress ominously said. Viper sighed.

"Why don't we go to Mr. Ping's shop? You need a break from your constant watch of the village," Viper said. Tigress went with the snake down the steps and to Mr. Ping's shop, which had closed early. Mr. Ping was in the kitchen looking at a picture of baby Po and him. The goose sighed. "Mr. Ping?" Viper called.

"AHH! Ah, Master Viper and Master Tigress. What can I do for you?" Mr. Ping asked, quickly hiding the picture.

"Nothing, why is the shop closed down?"

"Oh, I just needed some time alone," Mr. Ping said.

"And lose a day of business?" Tigress asked. She had known Mr. Ping long enough to know that while he was caring, he was always money conscious. Mr. Ping knew he was caught.

"Well, what can I say," Mr. Ping replied, looking at the picture again. "I miss my son."

"We miss him too, Mr. Ping," Viper said. Just then, there was a ruckus outside of the shop.

"BANDITS!" The people cried. Tigress sighed as she walked outside. When she got outside, she was surprised to see someone taking care of the bandits. A man in a large hooded robe used his staff to swat the bandits like flies. One of the bandits used his sword to chop his staff in half.

"Ah HA!" Shouted the Bandit confidently. But the stranger simply grabbed the bandit's head, punched him in the face and forced him to the ground.

"Whoa, he's strong," Viper commented. The bandits regrouped in front of the stranger.

"HA! Who do you think you are? We're not scared of you!" The stranger simply bellowed a deep roar, nothing like Tigress's but it was still enough to scare the bandits away. "RUN!"

"That was amazing," Viper simply said as they approached the stranger.

"You're very strong," Tigress commented. The stranger chuckled.