The Bear

Po was in a special place in the Jade Palace. The blue walls of this part of the palace was a big contrast of the Jade and red Hall of Heroes. There were only three pairs of blue and jade spiral pillars holding the high ceiling. The dimly lit torches of the corridors didn't illuminate the room as did the open windows of the place allowing the sun's rays to come in. This was a section of the palace dedicated to none other than the Dragon Warrior. It was lined with statues of villains and heroes and a big golden statue stood at the end of the place. Po stood in front of the lifelike statue. The problem he had with the statue was that it was... life-like. The majority of the statue was his big gut. Then he heard something. "Po?"

"I'm in here Tigress," Po simply said. Tigress came up beside the panda looking at the statue.

"What are you doing in the Hall of the Dragon Warrior? Admiring your success?" Tigress smiled. She was actually proud of Po's success. Usually, his success meant safety and happiness for everyone else. That and Po was a good person. He more than deserved the credit and she was passed being jealous of him.

"Hehe, something like that," Po sighed. Tigress seemed confused about it. He should be happy. She decided to just let it go and just admired the statue.

"Lifelike, isn't it?"

"Yeah, that's the problem," Po sighed again.

"What's the matter, Po? Why are you really here?" Tigress asked.

"It's nothing really," Po said, trying to not make her worry.

"Po, you're my friend. And as my friend, you have to tell me what's wrong so I can help," Tigress said. Po sighed.

"I... want to be a different kind of bear," Po slowly said. That took Tigress by surprise.

"Why? I know that it's hard to be a panda in a place where you're the only panda, but still. Why would you not want to be a panda?" Tigress asked.

"I... I don't know. I mean, I like being a panda sometimes, but other times I think I would be... better being some other kind of bear."

"So you wouldn't want to be a different kind of animal?"

"Of course not," Po said, "But there are a number of reasons why I don't want to stay a panda."

"One," Tigress asked.

"I... want to be stronger," Po said. Tigress was confused.

"But... you are strong. In fact, most pandas can lift other pandas. Mei-Mei was able to lift you without straining herself," Tigress commented.

"Well, you've got me there."

"Second reason?"

"I don't want to have this giant appetite," Po said.

"All bears have enormous appetites, Po," Tigress explained. "And that's not bad to have a big appetite. It doesn't prevent you from your skills."

"Yeah, but it does have one factor," Po said, resting his hand on his belly.

"Po, is that why you don't like being a panda? Because of... your robust front?"

"You mean my fat belly? Yes," Po sighed.

"Po, it's not the end of the world if you have a big belly. As long as you're healthy, it doesn't matter," Tigress encouraged.

"You really think so?" Po asked hopefully. Tigress rested her hand on his shoulder.

"I know so. It was because of that gut that you were able to not only survive Shen's cannon but stand against Tai-Lung's paralyzing nerve attacks. That belly has been more of a... shield than a hindrance," Tigress said. Po smiled.

"Thanks, Tigress," Po said. "But why do you want me to be a panda so much?" Tigress smirked and gave him a big hug. "Really, just so you can hug me?" Po smiled.

"I appreciate the little... well in your case, big things in life," Tigress said. "By the way, which kind of bear did you want to be?"

"A Grizzly bear," Po said. Tigress pulled away to look at him.

"Why?" Po shrugged.

"I would like to be a kind of animal that has a uniform color. It's kind of confusing for people because they don't know if I'm a shadow of a person or a person." Tigress still seemed confused.

"So what about me?" Tigress asked. "I'm not a uniform color."

"No, I mean. On me, it becomes a little confusing for people to see me. On you, it's beautiful, powerful, majestic, and I should shut up," Po blushed. Tigress smiled at his blushing face.

"Thank you, Po," Tigress said. "But I think you look much better as a panda."

"Thanks, Tigress," Po smiled.

The End