The Party

The laughter of the small group echoed through the hills and about the valley. Most of the laughter was from Monkey. "And then Master Oogway just ducked and let me tumble into the pole."

"Wow, and you could have been squished," Mantis commented.

"So that's what you taught the little bunny children, Po," Master Shifu asked.

"Well, at the time it worked," Po timidly said. "And they did learn things about Kung Fu." Shifu shook his head.

"Hmmm, it feels different with Tigress and Viper on their mission. What did they go to get again?" Crane asked.

"Viper said it was something about some... ancient dress or clothing," Po reminded him.

In a far off place in a bustling city, Viper was shooting all around the room, dumping boxes and packages over to Tigress for her to carry. "SHOPPING! OH, I feel so alive!" Tigress grumbled under her breath as the mountain of boxes wobbled from side to side.

"What about the ancient dress you were talking about?" Tigress asked.

"Oh yeah, it's here somewhere. Don't worry, we'll find it. Eventually," Viper said happily. Tigress let the mountain of boxes tumble and was nearly crushed under the weight.

"Why me," Tigress grumbled.

Back at the Jade Palace. "Anyways," Po said. "While we wait for them to come back, why don't we talk?"

"Isn't that what we're doing?" Mantis commented.

"Yeah, but we can do better. Come on, we can make this place into a party," Po suggested. "An all guys' night out."

"Po, we already did," Crane said. Po looked around the place they were. They saw in the middle of the Hall of Heroes party streamers everywhere, and the servants were cleaning it up. Po and the others were outside the hall on the steps talking. "Don't you remember the dancing ladies?"

"Ladies," Mantis said in a daze. Po thought about it.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," Po replied. He looked out the night sky. "Sure is quiet tonight and all the stars are out too."

"Yes, it's times like these that remind me of that night when Master Oogway ascended," Master Shifu sighed.

"What was he like," Po asked.

"Very... confusing at times, but he had this sense of ever-growing wisdom and knowledge. And he was also a great friend and teacher," Crane said.

"Yes, he was," Master Shifu agreed.

"Wow, this party turned dark and down very quickly," Mantis said, "Let's talk about something more exciting or something else."

"Like what?" Monkey asked.

"Like, let's go around and tell each other something no one knows about each other," Po suggested.

"Um..." They all said. Po rolled his eyes.

"Come on, guys, if we're ever going to learn to trust each other more, we have to tell some things about ourselves," Po reasoned. The others looked at each other. Finally, one by one, they all agreed. "Great, who's going to start? And remember, it doesn't have to be dark and bad, just something we don't know about you."

"I'll go," Master Shifu said. He paused for a moment. "I trained someone else other than Tai-Lung when he was here." That was new.

"Who," Po asked.

"Her name was Biyu. She was probably the same age as Tai-Lung when they were growing up. She came to the Jade Palace looking for a teacher. I thought to just teach her some of the basics but when she advanced, I trained her alongside Tai-Lung."