The Story of Monkey

Monkey idly walked around the small apartment. He didn't know what to do about this thing he was tasked with. Normally, Monkey was a person who simply worked with people in the movies. He was the technical support, the catering boy, the supervisor of the musical set. He didn't know exactly how he got into the movie industry but it was... bittersweet. It was his dream to be behind the scenes of a movie. But he always wanted to make something that would leave his mark on the world. Okay, maybe not that big of a mark but he did want to do something, and now was his chance. Originally, Monkey was just suppose to guard the equipment for the movie studio, but as his multipurpose talents were demonstrated to everyone, his boss saw potential in him and offered the monkey the opportunity to come up with a movie for himself. The monkey was so excited he didn't even think twice. Now, Monkey wished he had thought twice. He didn't know what to do. All of a sudden, he couldn't think of anything. Monkey looked at the clock. 6:00pm. He got up and sighed. "Might as well go down to the shop and see everyone. Maybe I'll get an idea then," Monkey sighed. He got his jacket on and made his way downtown.

The bustling streets of the dazzling city were teeming with life. The high towering skyscrapers where the business men and women worked didn't impress Monkey as much as they did when he first came, he went past all that. There, practically in between all of the mammoth buildings, stood a short shop. It seemed to be full but that would only be for a while. The shop was only open for breakfast and lunch. As the last customer went out of the shop, Monkey went into the building. The fresh smell of food wrapped around his nostrils. The duck in charge of the shop looked at the door that made noise every time someone came in. "Monkey! How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, Mr. Ping," Monkey weakly smiled. "Where's Po?"

"I'm here," Said the panda from the back. "You're early." Po dried his hands with a cloth as he had just been washing some dishes. The monkey sat down at the big large round corner table that could seat about eleven people, granted that you would have to pull the seats from other tables to get them to fit.

"I um... didn't have anything to do really. They let me off on work early," Monkey replied. Po went to turn the shop's sign from open to close and close the blinds. Just then, Tigress and Shifu came into the door.

"Hello, Mr. Shifu. Hello, Tigress," Po said with a gentle smile towards Tigress. Tigress blushingly smiled back.

"Hello Po," She replied sweetly.

"I hope that you still have some food for us, Mr. Ping," Shifu said. "We haven't eaten much."

"Of course," Mr. Ping said from the back. Tigress noticed Monkey at the table.

"You're early," Tigress said.

"I know. I needed some fresh air. I decided to come down here," Monkey explained. Tigress and Shifu sat down. As usual, a seat next to Tigress was left for Po. "So how's the company doing?"

"It's doing very well. We actually just made a deal with our neighboring rival to get some more people," Tigress said. Tigress and Shifu, still in their business attire, both worked in the business management. Shifu was the CEO of the company and Tigress was his secretary. She was like a daughter to Shifu and he treated her sometimes like that. "Are you okay, Monkey?" Tigress asked noticing that he seemed down. "You seem depressed."

"I'm fine," Monkey lied. "How are your parents doing?"

"They're doing well. My mother just threatened the paper boy for throwing her newspaper into her azaleas." Monkey laughed. Tigress's mother always had a bad temper. Sometimes, Monkey could see that with Tigress. Just then, a turtle and a yak came in with the classic teacher look.

"Food is needed now," boomed Kai, "I'm famished."

"Good to see you too, Mr. Kai and Mr. Oogway," Po said as he gave a sideways smile. "How's the teaching job at the university?"