Sleep like a Kitten

Po is always the curious type. Always wanting to know what is bothering someone or what someone is up to. Today, it was something that was very trivial but proved to be very eye-opening. Po was still sleeping in his bed when Tigress slammed the door open and shouted, "PO!"

"NAAAANNN!" Po shot up. Tigress rolled her eyes. The panda was always easily startled. "Tigress? What is it? Goons, bandits, the warriors of the undead?" Tigress smirked.

"Better, it's morning. You're late for your exercises," Tigress replied.

"Oh come on! I thought I was the teacher now," Po said.

"That doesn't mean you don't train anymore. Master Shifu still trains. So get up!" Tigress ordered.

"Alright, alright," Po yawned. Tigress's eyebrow rose when she noticed something. Po was sprawled out on the bed in an awkward position

"Is that really how you sleep? Now wonder you're always sore," Tigress muttered.

"It's comfortable to me. I'd like to see how you sleep," Po remarked. Tigress replied quickly.

"I sleep normally," Tigress answered as Po finally got up from his mat.

"Yeah, right. No one is normal in this place," Po grumbled. "UGH! Just because I look like a drunk guy passed out-"

"With his bottle still in hand," Tigress added.

"It doesn't mean I don't get good sleep," Po replied. "How do you sleep, then?"

"I sleep normally," Tigress replied.

"Is that why you're always cheerful," Po smirked. Tigress glared at Po. "Just kidding," Po said, quickly getting to the barracks' kitchen to eat. The conversation would have ended there that day if Po didn't go to Tigress's room later that night. Po had awoken in the middle of the night and went to Tigress's room. Despite the rough relationship they sometimes had, Tigress would always comfort Po when he couldn't sleep and do other small things. But Po would usually knock when he came to Tigress's room. This time, he was so tired from no sleep that he just tried opening the door. It was locked, but Po didn't realize it until Tigress came to the door.

"Po?" Tigress said, "What's wrong?"

"I... just couldn't sleep," Po mumbled, still half asleep. Tigress smiled and shook her head as she led Po back to his room. "Tigress?" Po sleepily mumbled. "Why is your door locked?"

"Um..." Tigress didn't know what to say, but she took advantage of the fact that Po was still in his sleepy state. "I was just making sure that no one comes into my room without permission. I do secret stuff there," Tigress said as if she were talking to a baby. Po just nodded and slowly went to sleep. "It amazes me that he always sleeps when I'm around," Tigress smiled, resting her hand on his head.

Much to Tigress's despair, Po remembered almost everything that happened last night and began asking questions about the locked door. "Have you always had the door locked when it was night time? WHOA!" Unfortunately for Po, he asked the questions during training.

"I told you to leave it alone," Tigress grunted, landing a kick on Po's side. The panda was pushed over, rolled over, and up to his feet again.

"Come on, Tigress, you know you can tell me," Po said, trying to appeal to her, but the tiger wasn't listening as they stopped sparring.

"It's something I do that I don't want anyone else to know about. End of story," Tigress replied. Po's face began to redden.

"I'm pretty sure that you don't want to end the story with that," Po cautioned. Tigress thought about what she said and then stuttered and spluttered.